Microservice Team Lead
Xerris IncCanada3 months ago
Ready to join our team?
Xerris is a cloud-native software development company. We build amazing products for our customers, using agile delivery while having fun while we do it. We are a remote-first environment as we believe you can be most productive when you are given full control of where you are in the world. Everyone at Xerris has a mentor that helps improve their skills and supports their development so no matter what level of experience you're at there is always something new to learn in the cloud.
What we're looking for
Xerris is made up of developers and microservice team leads represent our technical leadership at its finest. Our team leads are both technically adept, but great communicators and mentors of those around them. We're looking for those who are generous with their experience and knowledge to bring others up and give others an opportunity to shine and succeed. Microservice team leads will have proven experience leading and delivering microservice architectures with teams larger than 2 or 3 people. Successful candidates will be able to be comfortable speaking both in how things are going to be coded, but also what the trade-offs are when making technical decisions the whole team will have to follow.
Team leaders at Xerris are approachable and easy to work with as well as respected for their quick decision making and ability to adapt and change to dynamic environments where customer requirements can sometimes be unclear.
Are you a self-driven person who likes to build their own plan to solve customer problems? Join a company whose culture embraces remote work, yet still focuses on mentoring and supporting our people.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Development Team Lead or as a Coach/Mentor
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development
- Developing and using RESTful APIs or GraphQL resolvers
- Good experience with shared code and use of source control platforms (GitHub, NuGet, NPM)
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes
- Skilled with writing and maintaining automated unit tests
- Great communication skills as a member of a Remote-First team
- Passion for software technologies and a desire to remain up to date with the latest technologies
Nice to Have
- Experience in Dotnet Core, TypeScript, or Python
- Experience working on different cloud providers (AWS, AZURE, GCP)
- Experience working with Lambdas
- Experience delivering high quality software that meets industry standards for code quality, cyclomatic complexity and other quality metrics
- Experience with Data Warehouse
- Experience interacting and coordinating with a quality assurance team
What You Will Be Doing
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Design and develop our microservices and applications by following patterns and best practices
- Evaluate product implementation plans to deliver highly scalable and reusable services
- Develop high-quality code to implement business value
- Implement and maintain applications and services using CI/CD pipelines to automate the distribution process
- 50% Writing code and unit tests for microservices, collaboration with customers to understand their requirements and the context for the software
- 50% Guiding and supervising the development team while working towards successful project delivery
We are accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found.