A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Data Intelligence and Analysis - Practice Support team provides PwC a series of organisational technology capabilities that include business intelligence, data management, data warehouse, and data assurance. You’ll help with projects that involve information technology strategy and infrastructure, enterprise architecture, enterprise applications, large scale programme and portfolio management, information technology security, data analytics, computer forensics, and emerging technologies like cloud, mobility and social networking.
This team leverages data to rapidly discover, quantify, and deliver through intelligent analytics and scalable end-to-end business solutions. Working with all of the Lines of Service and functional groups including Finance, Sales & Marketing, and Human Capital, the group helps drive analytics adoption across the Firm, accelerates value delivery, develops in-house talent, and builds solutions and trust in data-driven decision making.
Purpose-led work you’ll be part of
As a MLOps Engineer, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The MLOps Engineer will be responsible for the deployment of analytical and machine learning models into production using Azure Machine Learning and deployment of Azure ML pipelines across environments
- Integrate MLOps within the end-to-end DevOps lifecycle
- Integrate the machine learning model into the company’s existing data infrastructure
- The MLOps Engineer will develop and deploy scalable tools and services to handle machine learning training and inference
- Maintain the model and incorporate improvements from time to time without impacting system performance
- Identify and evaluate new techniques to improve performance, maintainability, and reliability of the existing Azure machine learning solutions
- Apply software engineering rigor and best practices to machine learning, including CI/CD, automation, etc.
- Support model development, with an emphasis on auditability, versioning, and data security
- The MLOps Engineer will facilitate the development and deployment of proof-of-concept machine learning systems
- Communicate with a team of data scientists, data engineers and architects, and document the processes
- Lead on requirement clarification, design and implementation for data analytics machine learning product/solution releases
- May lead small team and take some project leadership role
Experiences and skills you’ll use to solve
- Experience building end-to-end systems as a MLOps Engineer, Platform Engineer, or DevOps Engineer
- Demonstrated experience leading analytics development projects in Azure
- Ability to build Azure ML pipelines, understand tools used by data scientists, and decompose business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure ML, MLOps, Python, SQL, and ETL processes
- Proficient in application design and data modeling
- Good understanding of functional aspects and technical behaviour of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
- Ability to select, adapt and effectively use a variety of programming methods
- Hands on experience writing data processing and data pipeline for model development including gathering and building datasets by joining and aggregating source datasets, cleaning messy data, and designing feedback loop on data need
- Hands on experience with machine learning and statistical modeling techniques applying machine learning techniques such as neural networks, random forest, GBM and SVM, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Deep Learning architectures, using open-source languages like Python, PySpark, PyTorch
- Ability to build frameworks and automation scripts to accelerate development of common coding patterns
- Create and maintain appropriate artifacts / documentation
- Hands on experience building data analytics machine learning solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets
- Hands on experience supporting production issues, including independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
Why you’ll love PwC
We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc.
Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like.
Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We’re committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We’re committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.