Mobile iOS Developer
KUBRAMississauga, ON7 days ago
Our Mississauga office is looking for a skilled iOS Developer to join our Mobile team.
As an iOS Developer, you will work with the existing Mobile Team at Head Office to build mobile apps for the iOS platform. You will have the opportunity to build mobile applications for the iOS platform and take native and hybrid applications from concept to implementation.
Submit your resume to find out if you have what it takes to work for one of Toronto’s Top Tech Companies!
KUBRA's hiring efforts will continue during the COVID-19 pandemic. Any face-to-face stages of our interview process will be virtual via video conference.
What you get to do every day
- Participate in full mobile application development lifecycle
- Develop, test, and deploy user interface, service tier, and data tier components for complex mobile applications
- Participate in writing software specification documents with the coordination of the Team Lead
- Perform code analysis, perform unit testing, re-factor/optimize code, review code, integrate code changes and conduct peer-to-peer code reviews
- Analyze and identify system issues and recommend system enhancements or fixes
- Participate in new feature requirement discussions and requirement document creation
- Conduct research and design proof of concepts
- Participate in software design (architecture)
- Write requirement and design documents for feature development
What kind of person should you be?
- You are proud of your app(s) in the App store or enterprise deployed apps
- You enjoy keeping up to date on all mobile industry trends and current events
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills and can maintain a high degree of professionalism in all client communications
What skills do you need?
- Degree in Computer Information Systems or in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of professional hands-on programming experience
- Minimum 2 years business iOS development experience, 2 + years with Xcode (objective-C) required
- Experience writing web services or other server-side components is preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of iOS (Objective-C or Swift) development
- Demonstrable knowledge of object oriented programming principles
- Technical knowledge of SOAP/REST/JSON service integration
- Excellent written and verbal skills and an ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in all client communications
- Nice to have:
- At least one app in App Store or enterprise deployed is preferred
- Knowledge of Swift for iOS is preferred
- Knowledge of mobile industry trends and current events is preferred
- Ability to translate graphical mock-ups to code is preferred
- Experience in Cross-Platform App Development Framework such as Xamarin, React, and PhoneGap is preferred
- Experience in Agile Development
- Certification in .NET and/or mobile technologies is nice to have
- .Net programming experience is nice to have
What can you expect from us?
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- An uncapped Education Funding Program
- A management team that cares about people
- An extensive orientation program
- A chance to join the occasional beach volleyball game, potluck, or fitness challenge