Helcim is searching for a talented Animator & Motion Designer to join our Design Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing high-quality visual assets and video animations for our Marketing Team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating compelling visual assets, has a great sense of timing and animation fundamentals, and has an impeccable sense of Design and storytelling. We are looking for someone who wants to continually expand their skill set and has an openness to learning.
The mission of Design at Helcim is to clearly and cohesively communicate our product value through unique and compelling high-quality visual design.
What you will do:
- Working within the Marketing Team, apply a wide range of motion design solutions to communicate concepts, ideas, and messages effectively
- Execute motion graphics animations, video ads and various animated assets across a variety of marketing and product channels… we’ll keep you busy
- Ability to conceptualize, storyboard, and plan sophisticated and dynamic motion graphics, animation, and narrative video concepts
- Working with the Paid Digital Team, conceptualize and execute high-quality visual assets (videos, GIF banner ads, etc) for our paid PPC and advertising strategy
- Effectively weighing quality/quantity against resource availability, timelines, and collaborative considerations.
Who you are:
- compelling visual communication, and a professional level of polish and presentation
- A balanced, well-rounded design skills with strong fundamentals in design and animation
- Outstanding Sense of Design… eventually this is the most important skill we need.
- Ability to truly see the world through the eyes of a designer/artist
- Ability to adapt their skills to a wide range of animation styles, even those they may be unfamiliar with or not as well-versed in.
- Can effectively communicate ideas by implementing design decisions that align with business objectives
- Jedi with the Adobe creative suite such as After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere … may the force be with you
- Always willing to take constructive criticism… we are nice but candid
- A team player who prioritizes collaborative work and “the good of the whole” over personal achievements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills… don’t worry, don’t need to be Shakespeare
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing excellent animation work… this is the most important component of the application.
- Knowledge of 3D packages like Cinema 4D is an asset
- Experience with 3D animation / rendering is an asset
- Any marketing/advertising experience is an asset
Our mission is to be the world’s most loved payments company. Everyday we’re inspired to give small businesses every possible edge to thrive and enrich the souls of our communities. That’s why thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose to partner with Helcim. We’re one of Calgary’s fastest growing fintechs - ranking on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, and Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500.
Culture is hugely important to us - we’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. We focus on hiring determined and passionate individuals, surrounding you with other amazing people, and strive for everyone to help create an environment where you can thrive and make an impact. We invite you to explore our culture book at: https://www.helcim.com/theway/
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team:
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Resume, Portfolio, and Cover Letter through the "Apply for this Job" button. Please address your Cover Letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and be located in Calgary for this position. Helcim uses a hybrid work structure where team members can work 3 days in the Calgary office (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) and 2 days (Tuesday/Thursday) at home. Staff are required to be fully vaccinated to work in our office and participate in company events.