Nature of work
The Network Analyst is a key member of the Inside Plant department. This team is responsible for planning, design, implementation and support of CityWest networks including: core routing, voice, internal LAN, video and transport.
You will be responsible for implementing, modernizing, managing and supporting the CityWest network along with the software to provide proactive monitoring, analysis and reporting. You will also be
expected to work with your teammates remotely, or in person, to deliver a high quality, high availability service provider network.
• Perform all technical and administrative tasks to ensure network availability.
• Customer incident and problem resolution, supporting moves/adds/changes, and maintaining overall network health for CityWest transport, core, and internet.
• Review trouble tickets and determine root causes of issues. You will be expected to bring forth resolutions and work with various teams within CityWest to prevent issues in the future.
• Identify equipment problems, ensure upgrades and changes are completed. Provide recommendations for improvement in all service areas.
• Maintain and create documentation for any services that you manage.
• Support, administration and configuration of a Calix FTTH infrastructure.
• Support, administration and configuration of a Fujitsu Optical Transport network.
• Support, administration and configuration of a Juniper Core Network.
• Develop a positive working relationship with co-workers. Be part of the team.
• Over 5 years experience working in a service provider network.
• Data Networking or telecommunications background, and network certifications preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Must have a predictable and reliable attendance record
• Knowledge of the telecommunications industry
• In depth knowledge of the OSI model.
• Operation experience with routing protocols, including OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, MPLS, VPLS, LDP, GRE
• Expertise of WAN and LAN technologies and their role in networks (EVPN, ANYCAST, HSRP, VRRP, LACP, STP, VLAN, QoS, etc.)
• Knowledge of AAA protocols: TACACS+ and RADIUS
• Knowledge of transport technology. Primarily Fujitsu 1Finity.
• In-depth knowledge working with Juniper routers
• In-depth knowledge working with Juniper Management Software’s including Mist and Paragon.
• Skill and understanding of Netflow, SNMP, Grafana, Prometheus
• Knowledge of QoS concepts and configuration
• Knowledge of industry standards and regulations
• Knowledge of programming languages (Python, Perl, Bash)
Skills and Competencies
• Advanced network design, implementation and support
• Routing and switching
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to think logically to make sound business decisions.
• Communication with co-workers and business departments in a professional and courteous manner
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team