Westman Communications GroupBrandon, MB18 days ago
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Manager, Network Services, this position will be responsible for designing, dimensioning, building, and testing the core IP/MPLS network infrastructure used for service delivery to our residential and business customers. The incumbent in this position will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and best practices related to the core network components.
What you’ll do:
- Planning, designing and implementation for Core IP/MPLS Network.
- Capacity monitoring and network expansion planning to support network growth.
- Supporting Business Development and Marketing/Sales groups to offer competitive products.
- Implementing core network projects that will include new builds, migrations, optimization etc.
- Working closely with upstream peering partners for expansions, changes etc.
- Document network architecture, as-builts, connectivity diagrams, maintenance records etc.
- Make recommendations for service/product improvement.
- Interface with vendors and carriers to improve product offerings and platform enhancements.
- Ensure new services are structured to the centralized operational model.
- Implement network changes in accordance with departmental change policy.
- Provide supervision and technical trainings to junior team members.
- Have a commitment towards an excellent customer experience.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 5 years experience in an ISP or MSO environment with excellent knowledge and experience in IP networking, IP routing, and switching.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, information systems or a closely related field.
- Minimum of one of the following certifications: Cisco CCNP Service Provider, Juniper JNCIP-SP, SCTE DOCSIS Engineering Professional, and/or MEF-CECP/MEF-SDCP.
- Thorough understanding of advanced routing and switching protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.), Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) with remote PHY implementation, Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH), and Core IP Networks
- Excellent understanding of technical fundamentals of internet and IP protocols, last mile access and transport technologies, and scripting language for task automation
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Tuesday, August 3, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.