Network Infrastructure Analyst
Payments Canada allows employees to work in an environment that best promotes their health and productivity, while providing quality in-person events and office experience. We aim to hire locally within the greater Ottawa and Toronto regions.
|Get to Know Us
We are a unique organization at the center of the payments ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous.
In 2021, we cleared and settled more than 8 billion transactions, totaling $135 trillion, or $539 billion each business day.
Payments Canada employees are committed to making payments safer, more accessible and secure for all Canadians. This is where our country connects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvxucqX6dY
| Our Culture
We are a collaborative, diverse and passionate group of individuals. We support one another, make impactful contributions to the organization, and develop and nurture meaningful connections across our ecosystem!
Come and join us - Where payments meet purpose!
|About the role
The Network Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for the setup, testing, implementation, and the ongoing support for a series of network related products (hardware and software) and tools used by Payments Canada to provide IT business solutions. They will leverage their knowledge to provide technical guidance, including evaluating and developing technology standards.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
|What you’ll do
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Monitoring hardware and software products and services for periodic upgrades and fixes;
- Developing various support documentation, including installation, operations and user guides;
- Conducting product evaluation and prototyping activities;
- Provide technical training to operational support staff and other Payments Canada employees as required;
- Represent the IT Infrastructure group in various meetings.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited Computer Networking program or equivalent work experience;
- Experience in providing technical support including routing, switching, firewalls, WAN, and LAN;
- Cisco CCNA or higher certification preferred, or equivalent work experience;
- Overtime based on operational requirements will be required;
- Government of Canada Level II Secret Clearance or eligibility to obtain.
- Experience with Windows networking fundamentals;
- Experience with VMware networking fundamentals;
- Experience with Cloud Compute - GCP (preferred), AWS, Azure;
- Software Defined Networking (SD-WAN, SD-LAN) Concepts.
Based on qualifications and experience: $71,720 and $95,626
| Payments Meets Purpose - What you can expect from us
- Flexible hybrid (remote/office) environment;
- Competitive compensation package, including annual variable bonus and defined contribution pension plan with employer matching percentage (if eligible);
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit coverage, including mental health coverage, life insurance and a health spending account for you and your dependents (if eligible);
- Paid time off: minimum four weeks paid vacation, sick and personal days, December Holiday Shutdown and Cultural Holiday Observance Days;
- Paid maternity and parental leave top-up;
- Rewards and recognition program.
|Our Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Commitment
At Payments Canada, we are committed to making everyone feel they can be themselves and thrive at work. We will continue to build on a foundation of respect and appreciation for diversity in all forms and collectively create an inclusive and equitable culture where our differences are valued.
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation by emailing email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residences. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be conducted virtually or in person.