Network Systems Administrator
TasktopVancouver, BC10 days ago
Who we are:
Tasktop is transforming how the world’s largest organizations manage the process of building software. Our Value Stream Management (VSM) platform has enabled our Fortune 500 customers to dramatically reduce their time to market and increase the velocity of software development. Sitting above the entire software development toolchain, Tasktop’s VSM platform integrates all popular software development tools - like Jira, ServiceNow, Azure DevOps and many more - and allows organizations to see where work is getting stuck and how they can improve. The company has been recognized by industry researchers such as Forrester and Gigaom as the leader in this new category of tools.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Tasktop is a global company with staff across North America, Europe and Australia. We have an energetic vibe, where we value work/life balance and creating an organization of diverse individuals that learn from each other. Recently named Built-In Austin’s Best Midsize Place to Work For, Tasktop provides the space to do the best work of your life.
Diversity and caring for each other are two of Tasktop’s key values and at Tasktop, we have built a community of mutual respect and trust. We believe that diverse teams perform better and foster an environment of belonging and inclusion. We aim to continually learn, evolve, and be better versions of ourselves.
Network Systems Administrator
Tasktop is looking for a motivated and talented Network Systems Administrator with Dev Ops support experience to join our high velocity Information Technology team based in Vancouver.
You will have a big impact at Tasktop, supporting and contributing to a company that is thriving and growing. Join Tasktop if you like taking on complex tasks, problem solving and working in a fast-paced IT department supporting a worldwide workforce.
What will the team be like?
At Tasktop, the Network Systems Administrator will work in all aspects of the IT Department: Network, Systems, Infrastructure and DevOps Administration along with writing Documentation, working on Projects, Reporting, Helpdesk, etc. Our team works together to solve any technical problem and is responsible for making sure all departments have the necessary tools, equipment, and infrastructure required to perform their duties. We are an all hand on deck department where you get to do a little bit of everything. The Network Systems Administrator will be a valued team member and will be involved in rolling out IT Initiatives to support our global workforce.
Networking and Systems:
- Manage network infrastructure (Firewalls, Switches, MPLS, and VPN’s)
- Installation, configuration, and Administration of various DevOps software packages
- Manage container and orchestration services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Manage VMWare ESXi and vCenter
- Manage all physical aspects of the data centre Infrastructure (Servers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Trouble shoot and problem solve hardware and software issues
- Create scripts to automate and solve business problems.
- Work on IT specific projects
- Writing reports using industry standard applications
- Connecting API’s to expand data available for reports
- Trouble shoot hardware and software issues for both workstations and servers.
- Trouble shoot Network issues
- Onboarding of users
- Process and expediate ticket
Who you are:
- Analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Detail orientated
- A self-starter
What you can do:
You are proficient with:
- Cisco Switches, FortiGate Firewalls
- MPLS, QinQ, and Routing Protocols (RIP, IGRP, OSPF, BGP)
- VPN’s (SSL/L2TP/IPSec)
- Docker and other container/orchestration platforms
- DevOps Tools (Jira, Git, Ansible)
- Mac/Windows/Linux desktop environments
- Windows, and Linux Server OS
- Hyper Visor Technology (VMWare, Hyper V)
- Installing and configure complex software packages from the ground up.
Have knowledge of:
- Network based monitoring tools
- IaaS (AWS, Azure, Google cloud)
- MFA and IdP’s (SAML, OATH 2.0)
- Provisioning and configuration management tools
- Power Shell, Python, Perl, Bash programming languages
- API integrations (e.g., REST, SOAP, RPC)
- Configuring and managing database’s (MSSQL, MYSQL, Oracle, etc)
- Security best practices (ITIL, SOC, ISO 27001)
You may also have (but not required):
- More specialized DevOps tools (IBM DevOps, Tosca, PTC, PPM, MicroFocus, etc.)
- ITSM Systems (Remedy, Zendesk)
- Professional certifications for Cisco, FortiGate, Microsoft, HP, Apple, etc.
What gives you an edge?
A passion for problem solving, helping people, teaching, sharing knowledge and getting the job done right. Being able to listen to the IT challenge being presented and to know how and when take a step back and reanalyse the situation. The love of learning new things.
As a Tasktop employee you will enjoy flexibility, a health and wellness allowance, volunteer programs, a generous vacation offering, happy hours, and plenty more benefits!
Do you want to join the movement?? We would love to hear from you. Apply within!