Networking Solutions Architect
CeridianCanada/US18 days ago
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Equity, and Optimism. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Location: This position is remote and can be located anywhere in Canada or the USA.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Vice President, Enterprise Architecture, the Networking Solution Architect provides architectural direction and strategy for our cloud and on-premises networking needs. This role serves as a subject matter expert across a broad range of global audiences and is instrumental in meeting the ever-changing networking needs of the organization.
This is a highly technical role that performs architecture, design, and engineering tasks of various complexities.
- Research, design, implement, and support global network infrastructure in the public cloud (Azure and AWS) as well as on-premises
- Implement designs by writing scripts, configuring security infrastructure, to include testing and debugging, with a keen focus on automation
- Coordinate and participate in assigned projects, following the project from beginning to end, ensuring that the project continually supports the attainment of corporate goals and is completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner
- Research and evaluate network and security solutions or enhancements to existing solutions to improve enterprise effectiveness and security
- Lead efforts to design and implement cutting edge network perimeter, datacenter, and cloud security solutions, to include agile software-defined networking/infrastructure in cloud-native application environments
- Lead architectural design integration activities in support of mergers and acquisitions
- Develop and advise on best practices concerning networking and network security operations globally
- Develop and maintain architectural diagrams, standard operating procedures, and documentation as needed
- Partner closely with Operations teams to coach and train staff on new technologies
- Respond in a timely manner to all compliance audit requests as needed
Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 5+ years related experience, or
- Master’s degree plus 3+ years related experience, or
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience
- CISSP and GIAC certifications are highly desirable
Knowledge & Experience
- 5-7 years network design and architecture
- Extensive hands-on experience designing and building solutions in on-premise datacenters and in public cloud, to include both Azure and AWS, with expertise in automation
- Expert level knowledge in network protocols to include TCP/IP, SDN, SD-WAN, GRE, cloud/hybrid-based networking
- Expert level knowledge in network security solutions to include Next-Gen Firewalls, load balancers, WAF, proxies, VPN, etc.
- Demonstrated solution delivery incorporating security standards and emerging technologies to design, implement, enhance, and automate where feasible security solutions
- Agile, reliable, and collaborative team member
- Extremely responsive and organized
- Highly self-motivated and driven
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to present ideas to various audiences in user-friendly terms
- Ability to work well interpersonally across different teams and disciplines at various levels up through executives
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
- Regular, predictable attendance is required with on-call availability
- Planned evening and weekend hours may be required on occasion
- Sitting for extended periods of time
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.