Title: OEM Solutions Team Lead
Job number: 000581
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Professional Development Services
Area: Professional Development Services
Description: Delta Controls is hiring an engineering professional with hardware and embedded software development experience as our OEM Solutions Team Lead working within the Professional Development Services (PDS) department. Professional Development Services (PDS) provides advanced technical services and engineering assistance to our customers, including our global network of distributors, OEM clients, and Direct Corporate Accounts. For each project, we work closely with the customer to develop the exact solution they need, either by customizing existing Delta products, or by creating custom solutions.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is eligible to remote applicants (work from home or telecommute).
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us!
- In-house training, education and opportunities for growth.
- Financial benefits such as RRSP matching and life insurance.
- Health and family-focused benefits such as extended health, vision and dental benefits with employer paid premiums, onsite fitness center, reimbursement for gym memberships, travel insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Our employees are recognized through Service Awards and Employee Referral bonuses.
- Our location is transit accessible and we have free on-site parking.
- Three weeks of vacation after three years of employment.
- Depending on the role, casual or business casual dress is the norm.
Professional Development Services (PDS) provides advanced technical services and engineering assistance to our customers, including our global network of distributors, OEM clients, and Direct Corporate Accounts. For each project, we work closely with the customer to develop the exact solution they need, either by customizing existing Delta products, or by creating custom solutions.
As the OEM Solutions Team Lead your mission will be to lead the team focused on delivering OEM solutions to our customers. Your experience with product development will be leveraged to define and apply hardware, firmware, and software research and development techniques to our highly customized single-customer focused solutions. As an experienced engineer, you are expected to complete design, prototyping, research and basic testing of new or existing hardware projects with a minimum of supervision.
The candidate is a solution focused individual who is comfortable working with both internal and external contacts. In your role, you will:
- Work with our Sales team on incoming requests for OEM Solutions.
- Evaluate the feasibility of requests from a technology and cost analysis (NRE and component) perspective.
- Working with the PDS Project Manager and Director of PDS to collect product requirements and develop solution proposals (project scopes and quotes). This will include responding to requests for quotation that are presently underway with the team.
- Provide engineering services to develop solutions that meet the contractual obligations we have with our OEM customers. This will include advancing the execution of projects that are presently underway with the team.
- Engineering services include hardware design and development, embedded software/firmware design and development, quality testing, documentation and process improvement.
Main skills required:
- Proficiency with EDA software (Altium Designer experience preferred)
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Visio or a comparable engineering services software
- Experience with HVAC control systems and communication networks
- Knowledge of other building automation technologies or IoT technologies
- Engineering Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in relevant area of Electronics Design.
- 4+ years of working experience in Research & Development working for a Delta Controls or another manufacturer of Building Automation or similar products.
- Strong creative skills and attention to detail, as you will be creating original architectures and designs to meet customers solution needs
- Able to drive design, development, and testing of new products with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and be flexible in a demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, such that collaboration with internal and external groups is facilitated in an efficient manner
- Good understanding of HVAC and Building Automation applications and equipment
Years of relevant experience required: 4 years
Education required: Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.