Onboarding & Platform Specialist
Do you love to teach? Enjoy public speaking and showing new staff members the ropes? Satisfied when you can help a teammate solve a problem (and maybe make a friend)? Know a thing or two about the internet and networks? If so, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Onboarding & Platform Specialist to join the brilliant Helcim Experience team.
The Onboarding & Platform Specialist role serves as a support specialist for our Merchant Experience Team ensuring new and existing team members are highly skilled and ready to provide a great customer experience. You will bring extensive experience in customer service, and take ownership of the onboarding & training program from start to finish. You'll continuously think of new ways to improve the learning experience by determining and evaluating the effectiveness of programs. The ideal candidate will embody our values and culture, and be a steward of The Way of the Helcim (see link below to our culture book).
- Own the entire onboarding & training process from start to finish for the Merchant Experience Team including the development and facilitation of course content/curriculum and program logistics
- Provide onboarding/ training sessions to other departments as required.
- Leverage a blended learning environment to maximize learning potential and results.
- Provide coaching support to new team members to ensure consistency of skills and knowledge base.
- Create & maintain accurate training records, slides and documentation.
- Stay current with payment industry trends and information.
- Participate in Helcim Payments product evolution to determine requirements for training and training development materials and ensure proper communication to the Merchant Experience Team.
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure training material is properly created, maintained, and updated.
- Design, develop and revise training strategies and learning materials including documentation, presentations, worksheets, etc..
- Create feedback surveys to measure qualitative and quantitative metrics in order to assess effectiveness of onboarding & training program
- Identify gaps in knowledge amongst the team and conduct refresher training & update related training materials.
- Act as a team member supporting the team with periods of high volumes of calls and other activities.
- Post-secondary education in business, education or a related field is considered an asset
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management skills and organizational skills
- Proficient with G Suite (Gmail, GDocs, GSheets, GSlides etc)
- Intuitive, self-motivated and positive
- Proven track record in delivering training
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and classroom delivery skills
- Experience in coaching
- Deep understanding of adult learning concepts and techniques is an asset
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Past experience in technical support, onboarding or training position is an asset
- Firm grasp of internet basics is ideal – preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate knowledge of networks, routers/modems, XML, web development and eCommerce
Helcim is a payments company that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We won the Canada’s Most Admired Award for Corporate Culture in 2021, ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech. Learn more about working at Helcim in our culture book The Way of the Helcim.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!