At Microserve, we're an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 550 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for an Onsite Discovery Analyst to join the Print Services team in the Lower Mainland. Reporting to the Director of Print Services, as an Onsite Discovery Analyst, you will play a crucial role in identifying and documenting key information related to our customer’s print environment. Your primary responsibility will be to work at various customer locations within the lower mainland area, closely collaborating with various teams and stakeholders to gather insights and data pertaining our customers print environment. They will also be responsible for entering the information derived from the sites into our database and assisting in preparing an assessment report.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Travel to various customer locations within the lower mainland
- Gather and document site and printer information such as (but not limited to): floor plans, existing device information (make, model, age accessories). Print volumes etc
- Enter data into various tools
- Work with customers to assess current and future printer needs.
- Build positive, collaborative relationships with internal departments and client contacts
- Work collaboratively to utilize available resources to successfully meet customer needs and expectations.
- Communicate the project guidelines to the end users
- Communicate with end users to gather an understanding of the departments requirements
- Be able to manage your time to meet timelines
- Be computer literate and able to work with various software programs
- Deliver timely reports to customers and Microserve management
- Perform additional duties as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous experience using and gathering data from an IT service management system, preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite, SharePoint, preferred
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours if necessary
- Knowledge and interest in local IT market and industry is strongly desired
- Familiar with field deployment processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have great customer service attributes
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Must have High School Diploma / GED
- Must have a valid (full) driver’s license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must have a vehicle (in good working order)
Compensation and Benefits:
In accordance with the BC Pay Transparency Act the range for this role for BC residents is $45,000 - $52,000 annually.
- Paid vacations
- Additional 5 personal days
- Paid sick days
- Extended Medical and Dental plan from day one
Please note that the expected new hire salary range provided is derived from a group of like roles within Microserve. The final offer amount is dependent on geographical region, applicable experience, and skillset of the candidate.