Cloud Operations Support Specialist
iTMethodsToronto, ON6 days ago
Who we are
Successfully operating for over 15 years, we are a market leader in enabling Enterprise DevOps. iTMethods’ Managed Cloud Platform securely enables global enterprises to integrate, migrate, and modernize their complex, multi-cloud, and multi-vendor DevOps environments. The result is our world-wide clients’ can build better software, faster and more securely, to enhance their pace of innovation.
We are in a great position to capitalize on the tremendous industry growth of DevOps, a field driving how companies accelerate Digital Transformation. We offer both the excitement and agility of a startup and the profitability, safe haven, and client opportunities of an established company.
We are very excited about our growth and looking to expand our team of innovators, consultants, and collaborators, who drive that success. Every day, everyone here strives to be an active part of the best DevOps product and delivery teams our clients have ever worked with. This is a chance to work with the best, at the best job you've ever had. We ask for your ideas, expertise, and commitment. In return, we give you access to smart people, an opportunity to further your knowledge, and the chance to build innovation for the real world.
Who we need
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, we are looking for a Cloud Operations Support Specialist to join the team. This role encompasses a first point of contact support opportunity to work closely with customers, engineers, technology consultants, and various delivery teams to ensure maximum uptime for customers on our platform. We need someone who provides great customer service when handling support tickets at the tool support desk and who is constantly looking for efficiency in how we run our operations and respond to incidents in our operations. We want an Operations Support Specialist who looks for an opportunity to create repeatable processes and procedures and who is always keeping an eye out for automating the operations to minimize human error and move towards a self-healing environment with automatic recovery. It’s a chance to work with a range of big-name customers, using a variety of tools as projects continuously enter and exit the pipeline. As a curious individual that enjoys experimenting in a range of technologies, you will be part of an exciting journey of experts delivering and evolving our DevOps platform for enterprise customers.
Who you are
You are someone who has interacted with customers on a daily basis driving resolution to their support requests and very alert to service levels in turning around customer requests and issues. You also have experience in supporting customer installation at the AWS infrastructure level and application level with some exposure to DevOps tools and processes. With outstanding communication skills to collaborate with customers, peers, engineers, account management and leadership, you are a valued contributor to helping with operational efficiencies and customer success.
What’s in it for you
Technical challenges. You want to play a critical role ensuring we deliver a resilient, monitored, highly secured and complete solution. The solution covers configuration, monitoring, logging and automating.
Tool functionality challenges. You want to take on the role of subject matter expert and advise customers on their Atlassian (JIRA/Confluence) and DevOps tools and cloud workloads. You will hone in your functional expertise on these tools by providing functional support to our customers using this toolset
Exposure. You want to engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement. You want to deliver high-quality experiences for customers on our platform.
Growth. You want to apply and expand your technical expertise including professional certification in AWS, Atlassian, and Jenkins. You want to focus on:
- Continuous Improvement. Ensuring all engineering materials are continuously improved and delivered with consistency and that issues are not recurrent.
- Continuous Learning. Keeping up to date with cutting edge technologies impacting the solutions being deployed as well as learning new ways of automating similar solutions.
What you will do:
- Act as a subject matter expert and advise customers on their Atlassian (JIRA/Confluence) and DevOps tools.
- Assist in the configuration and support of customer environments; code deployments, optimization, and supporting various tools.
- Manage monitoring and logging solutions, identify issues proactively and mitigate them to improve the customer experience.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated software and infrastructure related issues and challenges.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our managed services practice.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools and technologies.
What you bring
- You bring a can do attitude and want to step up and lead on driving issues to resolution and processes to execution.
- Drive, collaboration, initiative and self-motivation. You thrive on developing solutions to open-ended business problems. You can work within a team and independently on multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Expertise. You have hands-on knowledge - and preferably certification in AWS. If you happen to have Jenkins, Git and Atlassian experience that would be a bonus. You have exposure to automation tools and the end-to-end build and deployment processes. You have experience with:
- Linux or Windows administration within a high availability environment.
- Continuous integration best practices and tools including Jenkins.
- Managing and supporting AWS or other cloud environments.
- Configuration management, performance monitoring and alerting tools.
- Flexibility. You are available to work rotating daytime shifts and participate in an after-hours on-call schedule.
Our people empower our clients; we empower them.
We are equally passionate about our clients as we are the people who make up our teams. We look for and welcome smart, talented people. Narrow role descriptions do not constrain our teams. They are empowered to pragmatically solve problems, with the autonomy to make decisions that will drive success for our clients. Employee success is driven by our customer obsession.
We work hard to stay connected and relay our appreciation for our people. With a wellness allowance, lunch-and-learn demo opportunities, and (remote) social gatherings, this is a place that prioritizes the need for balancing career development, physical well-being, and mental health.
Interested but worried you don't have everything listed here? If you have even 70% of what we're looking for, we still want to hear from you and encourage you to please apply. While we can't guarantee an interview, we'll consider your application.
iTMethods is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.