As a Partnerships Specialist at Helcim, you will play a key role in maintaining and growing our partnership program. Your responsibilities will include identifying new partnerships and opportunities, engaging and negotiating with potential partners, reviewing and onboarding new partners, building these accounts to become champions for Helcim to their merchants and diving into the data to optimize new and existing partnerships.
By working closely with the other members of the marketing and operations teams, you will grow our affiliate channel and attract new partners to help drive Helcim’s growth. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing fintech startup and have loads of responsibility right from day one. The ideal candidate will embody our values and culture, and be a steward of The Way of the Helcim (see link below to our culture book). At Helcim, and especially in this role, your work has a direct, tangible impact every single day.
What you’ll do…
- Identify, develop, and grow partner and affiliate relationships
- Build and maintain authentic relationships with all members of the Partner Program
- Be an advocate for Helcim and its Partner Program through multiple communication channels
- Review program applications and onboard new partners
- Proactively identify new opportunities for growth in our affiliate channels
- Work with the marketing and operations team to identify new lead opportunities and grow the company
- Pursue improvements and optimize partnership assets, both internal and external
- Direct experience working on lead generation, affiliate marketing, partnerships, or sales.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to simply convey complex information and concepts.
- Experienced in thoughtful negotiation to reach a mutually beneficial outcome
- A foundational understanding of digital marketing and affiliate marketing is preferred
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Affiliate Marketing platforms (Awin, Stackoverflow, etc), GitLab, and WordPress are all assets
- Outstanding sales and customer service skills.
- Understanding and familiarity with reviewing legal contracts with a strong attention to detail is an asset.
Who you are…
- First and foremost, a people person. A natural networker with high EQ who can’t wait to meet anyone and everyone to understand their business, their goals, and their challenges.
- A friendly, charismatic deal-maker, confident and enthusiastic about connecting with people and sharing ideas.
- You are a motivated individual who thrives in the dynamic, unstructured environment of a scale-up. You are hungry for growth, impact on your company and your customers and results.
- You have a positive and resilient attitude that can persevere through tough sales days. When you are met with failure, you understand it is a learning opportunity, not a roadblock.
- Someone who is equally comfortable working independently and collaborating with a team.
Our mission is to be the world’s most loved payments company. Everyday we’re inspired to give small businesses every possible edge to thrive and enrich the souls of our communities. That’s why thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose to partner with Helcim. We’re one of Calgary’s fastest growing fintechs - ranking on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, and Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500.
Culture is hugely important to us - we’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. We focus on hiring determined and passionate individuals, surrounding you with other amazing people, and strive for everyone to help create an environment where you can thrive and make an impact. We invite you to explore our culture book at: https://www.helcim.com/theway/
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and
services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter through the "Apply for this Job" button at the link below.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada. Helcim uses a hybrid work structure where team members can work 3 days in the Calgary office and 2 days at home. Staff are required to be fully vaccinated to work in our office and participate in company events.