WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan (extended health; life; dental; vision; GRRSP; and health and wellness).
- Various Learning and Development initiatives, and opportunities to grow within our team!
- Opportunity to participate in company events and activities and enjoy our company perks!
What you’ll do:
- Ensure biweekly payroll is accurately entered and submitted on time.
- Process staff expenses for reimbursement and retroactive payments for wage increases as needed.
- Calculate and remit RRSP contributions, Group Insurance payments, and other deductions within defined timelines.
- Process paperwork for hires/rehires, leave of absences, terminations, and wage adjustments, ensuring any outstanding items are followed up on.
- Process benefits enrollment, changes, and terminations within HRIS and vendor portals.
- Complete payroll year end procedures, including reconciliation of T4 reports within the HRIS and overseeing the generation of T4’s, ROE’s, T2200’s and various payroll reports as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of payroll processes and changes to government legislations.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum Grade 12 education plus Payroll Compliance Professional (PCP) designation, with ability to maintain appropriate level of professional competence through ongoing development.
- Minimum three years’ experience with computerized payroll systems. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce HRIS is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge with experience using Windows, Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code for Federally regulated workplaces considered an asset.
- High and unquestioned ethical standards.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier free environment at Westman Communications Group and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any point during recruitment process or would like to request this posting in an alternate format, please indicate by emailing email@example.com of the accommodation requirements. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.