Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
The Photonic Integrated Circuit Engineer will be part of a team to realize first-of-their-kind photonic all-integrated circuits for implementing truly scalable quantum technologies. You will be designing, building, and operating high-tech setups to characterize photonic circuits at cryogenic and room-temperature. The Photonic Integrated Circuit Engineer is a specialist in photonic on-chip devices and is familiar with evaluating and improving their performance. You will be comfortable working in a diverse, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Develop test methods and setups to characterize active and passive large-scale on-chip silicon photonic devices – cryogenic and room-temperature
- Characterize on-chip electro-optic devices, as well as photonic integrated circuits and communicate the results
- Support the development of on-chip devices by collaborating with and present findings within a team of photonic designers, nanofabrication engineers, test engineers, and physicists
- Generate new software and scripts as required to meet test and analysis goals
- Develop and document test and measurement processes and procedures
- Train team members on all practices that are implemented
- Contribute to our IP portfolio
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Master’s or PhD degree in physics, applied physics, electrical engineering, or other relevant discipline
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with integrated photonic devices
- Hands-on-experience with fibre and/or free-space optics
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of photonics, electronics, and electromagnetic compatibility
Exceptional candidates will have one or more of the following:
- Working experience on developing automated data acquisition, test and analysis scripts
- Experience in programming languages like Python and MATLAB
- Knowledge of quantum optics is a plus
- Hands-on experience with cryogenic systems is a plus
- Hands-on experience with RF instruments is a plus
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Get involved with a quantum startup company set to redefine computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can try new things while solving innovative challenges every day
- Inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
This job posting is being used to hire across multiple levels, the base annual salary range for these varying positions is between $90,000 to $160,000. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all Canadian locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The description above is what we think an ideal candidate would look like for this role. At Photonic, we understand that everyone has a different work and life journey. If you feel your experience is close to what we've described, but you might not meet all the requirements, please still apply! We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences, knowing that these very differences inspire innovation and build better teams. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process, please let us know.