Job Type: Contract, 18 months
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario - Provincial Head Office
Close Date: November 25, 2022
Salary: $81,963.78 - $95,018.48
Legal Aid Ontario employees are committed to making a difference in the lives of our clients.
As an integral partner in the Justice system, working at Legal Aid Ontario is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to help people who need it the most; to ensure each client receives the access to justice afforded to them under the law.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your already meaningful career with a team dedicated to justice, and innovation in a flexible and supportive work environment consider this opportunity below.
We are looking for a talented Power BI and Microsoft 365 Developer to help develop, implement, support, and document solutions for different business units within the organization. If you are passionate about creating high-quality products, solving real business challenges, and working as part of a collaborative team then we would love to hear from you.
The Power BI and M365 Developer will work closely with other team members, take part in weekly/daily meetings to discuss planned activities, document risks, flag issues, and report progress across all development efforts. This work will be completed across multiple platforms, including but not limited to, Power BI, Dataverse, Data flows, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and Power Platform solutions (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.).
Home Location: Provincial Office - Toronto
Other Locations: N/A
Reporting to: Manager, Digital Strategy and IT Transformation
LAO is in the process of developing an organization-wide hybrid workplace model, taking into consideration the range of services and roles performed throughout the organization. During this development phase, the work of this role is hybrid and structured to provide greater remote work, but some in-person presence will be required.
- Design, develop and document centralized reporting data sets using the suite of M365 tools (e.g., data lake, data flows, Dataverse, power query, etc.) to enable the work of organizational analysts
- Knowledge of Synapse is a plus
- Perform internal testing and User Acceptance Training (UAT)
- Work closely with business departments to identify their data needs
- Assist organizational business analysts in getting the most out of the Power BI application
- Help to integrate data visualisations into various applications, such as SharePoint, Teams, BI Service, etc.
- Use your knowledge of M365 to design, build and/or develop automations, customisations and workflows based on business requirements
- Bring your expertise to multi-disciplinary project teams
- Provide technical assistance, system maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting to supported products
- Support the development of documentation
- Stay up to date on the latest Microsoft product releases through a combination of research and training
What you bring to the team
- You possess proven technical expertise and are not afraid to communicate new ideas to technical and non-technical staff
- You possess exceptional analytical thinking needed for problem resolution of a technical nature
- You are proactive, take initiative and thrive in a collaborative and empowered work environment
- You are committed to sustaining the culture of equality, diversity, and inclusion where teams are supported to achieve the best results for everyone to advance and thrive
Required Skills & Experience
- College or university degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- You have 2+ years of development experience, including development of PowerBI data structures, SharePoint, Teams, or Power Platform applications
- At least one year of experience using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) within Power BI
- You have knowledge of the M365 platform, its functionality, and the ability to identify how this functionality can be used to improve business processes
- You have experience working with Power BI and creating / implementing data structures to support data analysis and data visualization
- You have experience working with Power Platform (e.g., Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Azure Development is a plus
- Supporting the creation of documentation
- Keen attention to detail
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills
This position is collectively represented by OPSEU and the successful incumbent will be governed by the provisions of a collective agreement and subject to union dues once negotiated.
To apply submit a cover letter & resume.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set up their Candidate Profile if applying on Njoyn. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Legal Aid Ontario values integrity, respect, responsiveness, excellence, independence, accountability, openness and consistency. Our recruitment process reflects our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request.
Legal Aid Ontario encourages applicants from equity seeking groups, including but not limited to individuals who are First Nations, Inuit or Métis descent, persons with disabilities, women, members of racialized communities and the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We recognize the value of diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to addressing systemic barriers and attracting and retaining diverse staff. All interested and eligible people will be considered, with due consideration to all protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code.