PR Account Manager - Technology
TSM Talk Shop Media Inc.Vancouver, BC17 days ago
We are looking for a PR expert with acute knowledge of the media landscape to lead a number of accounts, primarily within the technology and consumer space.
You will be a key member of Talk Shop’s Vancouver team, working with the country’s leading technology companies and consumer brands, helping increase visibility through coverage in high-impact publications like the Globe and Mail, WSJ and Forbes. You will have the opportunity to grow your career while backed by an award-winning team.
Talk Shop is a full-service, integrated communications agency and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. We value bright ideas and are always looking for smarter ways to work. We work with diverse clients in the technology and consumer industries alongside the real estate, financial, CPG and lifestyle sectors. Our team is made up of smart, driven, kind people who celebrate each other’s successes and learn from our mistakes. Our team enjoys perks like flexibility, paid time off for volunteer days, learning and development sessions and competitive pay. Our people have the opportunity to build careers at Talk Shop and we offer mentorship and coaching to support career growth.
A day in the life of a Talk Shop Account Manager:
- Build smart PR strategies that move the needle for our clients
- Lead the charge on accounts, ensuring that we’re wowing clients with impactful coverage, clear communication and no missed deadlines
- Manage a team of Account Associates who you will work with on a daily basis – guide their efforts, helping them improve and grow, and be seen as a true leader within the company
- Build long term relationships with clients, leading on all client communications from calls to daily emails
- Proactively identify new opportunities to better serve clients
- Write impactful media pitches that quickly communicate why our clients are changing the world
- Come up with bright ideas and solutions – if your pitch hasn’t landed, you’ll lead discussions with your wider account team about what else we can try
- Write clear, concise press releases that capture media attention
- Learn about sales as you support Business Directors with business development as needed
- Participate in Talk Shop culture events and touchpoints – we work hard, but make time for each other
What you’ll bring:
- 3-5 years of PR or communications experience, either at an agency or in the technology industry
- Confidence in leading client communications – you are a clear communicator and enjoy building relationships with your clients
- You enjoy working with a team and enjoy lifting others up through training
- Proven track record pitching media to secure media coverage – tell us some of your greatest success stories
- Deep relationships in the Vancouver/BC media landscape – we want to hear about what media you’re reading on a daily basis and who your favourite reporters are
- Exceptional creativity – a great eye for a story, and ability to come up with creative ways to use communications to engage stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills – ability to weave current events, policy news, trends and data into insightful content for media consumption
- Ability to manage priorities and balance deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
- Extreme attention to detail – you take pride in the high-quality, client-ready work you produce
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to contribute in a high performing team environment
- The Talk Shop team values humility, ingenuity, humour, and integrity. We think you’ll be a great fit if you love to see your hard work come to fruition, celebrate achievements, and connect with your team
Talk Shop is committed to offering competitive pay for the role and experience that the candidate brings. This is an opportunity to work with the best PR teams in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow and we can promote from within where possible.
We offer comprehensive health and dental benefits. We value employee wellness and take care of our team, delivering treats like swag, paid breakfasts, mental wellness support and team events whenever possible.
COVID has been a difficult time for all small businesses – we have prioritized taking care of our team through transparency, virtual team days, continued learning and a company-wide bonus structure.
This role is currently remote with the opportunity to return to office when it is safe to do so. The role is open to candidates in Vancouver, BC.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and two relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Account Manager.
Talk Shop is committed to having ongoing conversations with candidates and our team to ensure accessibility needs are accommodated. We are prioritizing the hiring of a candidate that reflects the diverse population we serve, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Successful candidates will be contacted and while we appreciate the time required to apply, we ask that no applicants call the office to follow up.