Principal Architect, Product Delivery
TC EnergyCalgary, AB23 days ago
The energy industry is primed for digital disruption, and we’re excited about the opportunities ahead. We are leading the digital transformation journey by unlocking creativity and innovation in new ways, every day. If you're ready to challenge the status quo to deliver outstanding business results that propel us into the future, we want you to join our team! Our Information Services team is evolving to play a major role in leading innovation in our industry and to meet the needs of our growing business. This role will be based either in our Calgary, AB head office locations to lead the architecture strategy, platform and integration solutions, along with future roadmaps for a large portfolio of technologies supporting our Canadian Business Partners and the Technical Center.
We are seeking a highly innovative architect whom has deep experience in modern technologies such as cloud, machine learning, iot and compostable solutions. They will be accountable to direct a multitude of solutions that support many aspects of the business; from commercial systems, digital integrations, SaaS solutions, through to big data and transactional systems. You will ensure the technology decisions find a balance between new innovation, maximum security, delivery velocity and legacy solution, to ensure the best alignment to our desired business outcomes. Your leadership will be focused on both ensuring delivery today as well as pushing boundaries for new innovation and planning years ahead for technology roadmaps to manage the changes that have significant business value and impact.
What you’ll do
- Develop and set direction for a year over year portfolio of the Canada Gas, Liquids, Power & Storage and Technical Center lines of business
- Work with Enterprise Architecture to ensure Enterprise level guardrails, practices and governance meet the balance of the best technology decision, in alignment with maximizing business value.
- Provide education and enable adoption of modern technologies to enable net new innovation opportunities.
- Interface with business partners to understand business value, to ensure alignment to technology strategies and solutions.
- Align and optimize product delivery across the portfolio. Facilitate collaboration between business stakeholders, IS, and vendors on road mapping and developing next generation technology solutions
- Provide assistance with operational, business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and cyber security requirements
- Provide direction and guidance to Product Architects within the BU and wider organization
- Champion technology options with value to the wider organization
- Work with Operations Groups to align technology roadmap & project decisions to operational standards and forward looking strategy
- Collaborate with peers to align efforts across organizational boundaries where similar capabilities exist
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Ten (15+) or more years of solution design and architecture experience supporting a large enterprise organization
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Solid understanding of IT applications and integrations
- Excellent relationship building skills with multiple diverse stakeholders
- Ability and passion to lead, coach and mentor other employees within the team
- Previous experience in the energy industry is considered a strong asset
- Previous experience with AI/ML/Data Science/Advanced Analytics projects and solutions
- Experience with networking and cybersecurity
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, support staff, vendors, and service providers
- Previous experience with SCADA and/or industrial control systems
- Demonstrated ability to design and oversee the implementation of complex systems in mission critical environments
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and have the ability to manage contesting priorities under tight deadlines
- Have a strong personal initiative, ability to deliver high quality results, and desire for continuous improvement
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally through strong presentation, facilitation and influencing capabilities