Principal Architect (Service Management)
Shaw CommunicationsCanada3 days ago
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We’re currently seeking a Principal Architect to join the Service Management Technologies team at Shaw. This is a key leadership position with excellent growth opportunities.
The Principal Architect plays a key role in the designing and planning of ServiceNow implementation projects and deliveries as well as understanding how changes to the platform impact maintainability and upgradability. They will focus on key development of strategic platform roadmaps; own the journey in platform health and security improvement; and drive solid instance health by reviewing and guiding the remediation of configurations that do not align to ServiceNow best practices. They will develop strong relationships with key executive and business leaders to understand and drive the client’s vision and how ServiceNow plays in their digital transformation journey.
A typical day
• Create strategic implementation plans (aka roadmaps) to progress from current to future state through multiple transitional architectures and multiple programs or projects.
• Lead technology assessments for new Service Management initiatives, enabling the validation of recommendations with rough order of magnitude (ROM) effort, duration and cost estimates for strategic alignment, delivery feasibility, capacity to change, budget limits and schedules, etc.
• Collaborate with Solution Architects and other project team members to validate solution architectures, technical designs, system deployments and support documentation covering all architecture, design and operational aspects (e.g. integration, reporting & analytics, security and regulatory compliance, infrastructure and platform, support and maintenance etc.).
• Work with application, security, infrastructure, and other operational support teams, as well as project teams to resolve technical design, implementation or operational technology issues
• Provide architectural leadership regarding ServiceNow system functional and technical capabilities and best practices including project implementation oversight
• Engage with vendor, third party, and other industry experts to stay aware of ServiceNow vendor roadmaps, functional capabilities, and lessons learned & lead architecture presentations to various audiences including Shaw technical and business leadership.
• Utilize LEAN and Agile methodologies to streamline work processes and realize cost and resource efficiencies
• Participate in program, project planning and special projects as requested
• Take on various other duties as required.
• 5+ years of experience in an architectural role with an organization of at least 500 employees
• Experience in Telecommunications industry,
• Excellent organizational, planning and self-motivational skills. Demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure while maintaining high standards of excellence and attention to detail. No issues to work with limited direction and exercise sound independent judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to create multiyear technology roadmaps with clear alignment to business strategies
• Must have extensive knowledge of ServiceNow's current product offering and future roadmap.
• Excellent innovator that can find new and adaptive ways of operating
• Working knowledge of SDLC and familiarity with development concepts such as: continuous integration, continuous delivery, build and release management, DevOps, Agile deliveries
• Mentors and set technical staff up for success.
• Experience leading collaborative design sessions
• Can achieve simplicity in design, squarely focused on value proposition.
• Collaborates with the business, other Architects, and the delivery team to iteratively design end-to-end solutions.
• Collaboratively defines key technical mechanisms with the delivery team through Agile modeling.
• Has knowledge of IT system architectural design principles to architect solutions based on an interactive approach.
• Can manage and resolve conflicts amongst team members during technical decision-making sessions.
• Provide technical thought leadership while working closely with clients having both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• This role is not location-specific
• Applicants will be hired in any Shaw location and will not be required to relocate for this role.
• Is travel required? minimal to no travel required
Posting closing date:
March 5, 2021