Principal Consultant, Modern Workspace
Compugen is looking for a Principal Consultant to join our Modern Workspace Consulting Practice.
Compugen"s Modern Workspace practice works with our clients to designing, building and deploying state of the art technologies to support the hybrid employee. The Modern Workspace Practice is focused on enabling our clients" users to be more productive through collaboration and engagement using state-of-the-art technologies. Specifically, we work with our clients to develop IT strategies, Future of Work and Return to Office strategies. We assess their current and legacy environments and then help them transition and transform to state-of-the-art digital services. We help implement modern deployment, device monitoring, patching and management, and effective meeting room experiences. Our Modern Workspace practice works with key vendors such as Microsoft and Citrix to implement M365, Exchange Online, Teams, Teams calling, AVD, virtual desktop and many other advanced end user services.
Reporting to a Managing Principal Consultant, the Principal Consultant is a key technology leadership role responsible for both client delivery and sales support Typically, this role is 75% delivery and 25% sales support. An expert in modern workspace technologies, the Principal Consultant will evangelize, position, architect and lead the delivery of complex technology solutions. The Principal Consultant will accurately capture customer's vision and requirements in support of a solution architecture, scoping and Statement of Work (SoW). Key performance metrics include billable hours, practice revenue, gross margin and customer satisfaction.
You are a driven technology leader who is passionate about the use of technology to enhance and enable peoples working lives. You have a strategic appreciation for workspace technologies and can have a business conversation with senior IT leaders. You also possess broad enterprise architecture and consulting skills. Combined with this, you have technical depth in specific end-user technology areas. You are excited by the variety of work that consulting to multiple clients brings. You enjoy the challenge of defining and delivering infrastructure solutions to meet clients' business outcomes. You have an ability to work alongside sales teams and help them craft winning proposals and deliver superlative client sales presentations. Most of all, you thrive on the opportunity to learn and grow as a senior IT professional.
For this specific role, you have 10 to 15+ years of experience in Microsoft IT infrastructure, providing highly effective solutions, designed to meet business and technical objectives. Your primary focus has been the design and integration of Microsoft infrastructure solutions including Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, Hybrid Identity and Azure Infrastructure. Your experience includes M365 migrations, Microsoft Exchange to Exchange online transitions in complex environments, Microsoft Datacenter products (Windows server 2012-2016) and the use of various tools such as BitTitan.
Experience in virtualization including VMware, Citrix, Thin-Client devices and the latest Microsoft server, platform and application services would be an asset.
You have solid communication skills and excellent technical documentation skills. Bilingual skills (English and French) would also be an asset.
If this describes you, then we need to talk!
- Act as the Solution Architect and technical SME/lead, in area of subject matter expertise
- Lead and support Microsoft technology engagements and projects
- Lead or support Compugen project delivery teams
- Conduct assessment and technology strategy projects
- Provide quality assurance review of delivery artifacts, prior to customer distribution
- Coordinate with Compugen internal and external partners for solution design/delivery
- Act as a solution architect and escalation point for Practice subject matter experts
- Act as a Product and Solution Manager, for a variety of technologies and solutions within the practice portfolio
- Mentor, coach and support Practice coworkers, as required
- Possess the appropriate industry certifications
- Provide Microsoft vision, guidance and advisory services to Compugen's customers
- Conduct presales workshops, especially discovery and technology familiarization workshops
- Align Practice solutions, offerings and services to a variety of customer scenarios
- Assist sales and Practice teams with solution design and scoping for SoWs, RFPs and proposals
- Assist the Account Executives (sales) and the Technical Solution Specialists (Technical sales leads) with developing and presenting proposals, project plans, project budgets and statements of work
- Assist with sales education and evangelism of new Practice solution offers and services
- Contribute to the Modern Workspace Practice revenue and gross margin targets, through direct utilization and sales support activities.
- Exchange 2019, Exchange Online: Server Based Computing technologies SCCM,-MDT, Microsoft Terminal Services; Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016,2019; Microsoft Hyper-V, SCVMM, Microsoft Private Cloud; Microsoft Active Directory, DNS; MS Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016; Office 365, VMware Virtual Infrastructure and vSphere; Server and Application Virtualization with APP-V and MED-V; Private Cloud â€“ SCCM/SCVMM/SCOM/SCSM/SCORCH/SCAC; Exchange Online, Skype/Teams in a hybrid or Cloud. OneDrive, Office 365 Pro Plus, Windows 10 Enterprise, Enterprise Mobility, Information Protection, Threat protection and Security.
- Microsoft Azure and Infrastructure: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), VM Deployments, Azure Storage, Azure Networking, ARM Templates, Azure Backup, Security Center, Azure Monitor, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate, RBAC, Policies and Blueprint, HyperV.
- Hybrid Identity: Azure AD, Active Directory, Azure AD Connect, ADFS, Conditional Access, Multi factor Authentication, Privileged Identity Management, Microsoft Identity Manager
- Certifications: Possess the necessary key certifications for the role.
Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned Information Technology (IT) Solution Providers. We help customers design, acquire, integrate and operate technology. Our mission is to help organizations realize new possibilities. Every day, our dedicated staff across North America focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. We combine breadth of skill, depth of expertise, and commitment to operational excellence at scale to deliver exceptional, customer-focused experiences. Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest technologies in performing their daily activities.
If you are driven to make a difference, relentlessly curious and collaborative at the core, weâ€™d love to talk to you. Join us and help us make a difference.
What Compugen Offers You:
- Opportunity to make a difference in the constantly evolving world of Technology
- Ability to help our customers realize new possibilities
- Exciting, fast paced challenging work environment
- A culture where authenticity and diversity is valued
- Professional development opportunities
- Participation in WIT (Women in Technology) network
- Opportunities to give back to our local communities
- Collaborative supportive team members
- Remote work/hybrid work options
- Work/life flexibility
Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish, and diversity is prized. Compugen is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, the hiring manager and the human resources contact will work with you to meet your needs.