Principal Product Manager, Tax
Altus GroupToronto, Ontario2 months ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Continuously innovating to meet the needs of our global clients proactively, we are building and implementing a unified platform to facilitate access to all of the data, and functionality needed to enable our services (Valuation and Advisory, Cost and Project Management, Commercial Property Tax, and Software & Analytics). To support this initiative, we have a brand new opportunity for a Principal Product Manager to be the voice of our tax services and tax customers.
As the Principal Product Manager, you will lead the team and drive the tax-focused capabilities of our new platform. Working predominantly with internal clients but with external clients as well, you will help to shape the solution and deliverables. Your focus in this role will be to drive the strategy and adoption of our product. This is a chance to take a deep dive into product capabilities and roadmap, business strategy, market trends, as well as our go-to-market and growth plan.
Who you are
You are strategic, visionary, creative, and thought process driven; a business-focused Product Manager obsessed with defining and refining your product's value proposition and growing its market share. A dedicated problem-solver, you can leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to re-imagine the way people interact with technology solutions, creating experiences that simplify and enhance access to products and services.
You may be a Product Manager with experience overseeing the build and deployment of a solution, working in increments to bring about a digital transformation. Or you may be a consulting product manager at a big four, overseeing an internal technology transformation that streamlines and improves services. Either way, you want to spearhead a new product strategy at an organization that is a leader in their space with global clients.
What's in it for you?
A blank slate. You want to influence the product roadmap and shape our new functionalities, aligning industry needs with business objectives. Our Tax services, accessed by clients in Canada, the UK, and the USA, bring in the majority of our revenue. This high-visibility, high-impact opportunity to accelerate the technology transformation will drive better customer engagement and satisfaction.
Technology. Across the organization, we use cutting-edge technologies to build industry-leading solutions. You will be working to bring a new initiative to market, leveraging a unified platform to provide better tax insights through machine learning, big data analytics, and industry insights.
Unparalleled exposure. You want to step into a high-profile role with executive-level exposure at a rapidly scaling global industry leader. You will spearhead a product team working alongside architecture, development, quality assurance, and devops team members who are at the top of their game, solving problems that have never been looked at before. You will have the freedom to lead the deliverables from the ground up, from planning to launch. This is an opportunity to make your mark and genuinely accomplish something exciting as we focus on building a new platform.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. As we move from building to scaling, you will have a chance to increase your exposure and make an impact working on increasingly complex or large-scale products or move across to other areas of the business.
Our new Principal Product Manager, Tax will:
- Leverage your expertise. You will provide thought leadership and insights into general industry trends and market behaviors. You will create reports communicating insights on market and industry trends and needs, including competitive product capabilities and developments. You will present findings of extensive and in-depth analysis on both Altus products and competitors. You will draw on experience and knowledge to see the big picture and develop creative strategies to make the vision a reality.
- Establish services and support approach. You will present a detailed business case, roadmap, program initiation document, planning activities, list of resources to secure, and a release plan for approval. You will follow up prior to implementation with an organizational readiness presentation.
- Lead and align Altus Product strategy, roadmap, and development. You will develop a deep understanding of the market trends to identify, define, and present opportunities. You will define high-level value-propositions by customer segment and buyer persona while simultaneously determining key metrics and outcomes to measure success.
- Lead the team. You will establish the core team, assessing the cross-functional skills needed in your resources. You will track the success of the team and the initiative post-launch based on defined key metrics.
- Be an influential voice. You will contribute to the development of new products or product enhancements based on in-depth analysis and assessment of our clients' needs. You will promote and explain the benefits of the new offerings to internal teams and clients. You will execute on pricing, sales, and go-to-market strategies in the real estate tax space.
Our new Principal Product Manager, Tax will have:
- The ideal combination of knowledge and experience. You have 3+ years of experience leading complex product strategies and teams. You have exceptional client-facing skills and sound business acumen. Ideally, you have experience bringing about digital transformation. Knowledge of Property Tax technology, the CRE industry, or Tax Consulting is beneficial but not required.
- The passion for bringing people and technology together. You are a master translator who can convey business and technical needs to any level of audience. Ideally, you have experience working with internal clients. You are the conduit of communication and hub of information. You strive for balance across business value, client need, end-user desire, market expectation, and user experience.
- The ownership. You thrive in a busy environment, assigning tasks, following up on deliverables, and getting your hands dirty too. Whatever it takes, you get it done. You have a way of speaking that engages your audience and instills confidence and credibility. You are comfortable presenting concepts and data to C-level executives. You are invested in satisfying the needs of your clients - and you work hard to do it well, on spec and on time.
- The leadership presence. Your commitment and focus inspire those around you to do better. You know how to build, grow and coach a team. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment across different locations with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines.
- The flexibility. You are open to travelling infrequently, to build stakeholder relationships and meet with peers, within the US, the UK, and Canada once it is safe to do so.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.