Principal Solutions Architect
Who we are
At Wild Fork, we are transforming the way people shop and eat protein. By managing every step of the process from farm to fork, we ensure you get the highest quality, largest variety and most consistent eating experience at the most affordable prices. It's at the core of everything we do.
If you want to be part of an innovative company building a presence in Canada, join us. We can't wait to become everyone's favourite food experience.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Development, we are looking for a Principal Architect to join us as we scale and extend and optimize our platform capabilities. You will work closely with cross-functional and global architecture teams to define technical requirements, identify potential challenges, and lead the design of solutions that meet our worldwide and local business needs.
This is an onsite role based out of our Vaughan head office.
What's in it for you
Career growth. You want to play a mission-critical role in building a successful ecommerce platform and business in Canada as part of a global organization. You will be the first in-house Solutions Architect in Canada, with the chance to grow and nurture a team. You will be a thought leader, designer, and executor of roadmap deliverables.
Ownership and exposure. You want to apply your expertise to influence decisions on technology, architectural design, and processes. You will work with our global architects on cross-company initiatives such as a Loyalty program. You will spearhead local (Canada) cross-functional projects with Marketing, Supply Chain, Technology, and Operations building infrastructure to support solutions ranging from our customer-facing website and applications to POS systems and security.
Perks and professional rewards. You will have access to monthly free products and tastings on-site by our in-house Corporate Chef and his team in our industrial kitchen.
What you will do:
- Lead the architecture. You will develop and continuously iterate on a technical architecture roadmap that aligns with our business goals. You will design and implement scalable and resilient software solutions that extend our ecommerce capabilities, ensuring they meet quality, performance, and scalability requirements.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with local cross-functional teams and global architects on Canadian business needs and organization-wide initiatives. You will guide the work on technology solution design, and oversee implementation. You will conduct code reviews and provide feedback to developers on code quality, ensuring high-quality, resilient, and scalable code is created.
- Optimize. You will continuously evaluate emerging technologies and recommend their adoption, ensuring we stay at the forefront of ecommerce and adhere to best practices.
What you bring:
- The expertise. You are passionate about innovative architecture and design and engaging technical teams with different solutions and options. You have in-depth software development expertise, focusing on architecture and design. You have strong knowledge of software design patterns and principles. You are solution-driven and motivated to research, try new approaches, and confidently execute your ideas.
- The technical skills. You have designed and implemented large-scale, distributed systems in an ecommerce domain and omnichannel systems such as commerce tools. You have expert-level proficiency in Java and working with production apps built in Spring Framework. You have worked on Cloud Solutions and Microservice architecture and bring experience with ecommerce and supply chain platforms such as SAP. You have a strong understanding of security, scalability, and maintainability considerations.
- A collaborative approach. You have professional communication skills, including making presentations and creating design documentation. You thrive in an autonomous but highly collaborative role with the ability to influence a team of architects and other decision-makers. You respect the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of others.
At Wild Fork, it's about the people: The experience we provide for our customers, the producers we partner with who are dedicated to quality, the members of our teams who bring energy and innovation, and the community we eat with.
We are guided by our values - determination, simplicity, availability, humility, sincerity, discipline, and ownership - in everything we do, from the interview process and individual goal-setting to decision-making and strategizing.
They are the measure of our success and how we treat each other.
Our mission: Nourish Better Lives.
Joining us is a unique and rare opportunity to be part of an omni-channel startup backed by a global brand. It's a chance to be a founding member of a company changing the Canadian grocery landscape, creating exceptional experiences for our customers and nurturing an outstanding place to work. As part of our team you will gain insights and direct experience building a company and a brand. You will have the chance to voice your ideas and take ownership of executing them.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don't have it all? At Wild Fork we know that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you share our values and beliefs, are passionate about food, and have 70% of the qualifications we are seeking, express your interest here.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Wild Fork and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Wild Fork is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation, please notify email@example.com.