Principal Solutions Architect
CeridianCanada/US18 days ago
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Equity, and Optimism. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Principal Solutions Architect will be responsible for the design, implementation, and administration of our data technology architecture. This role will serve as a subject matter expert for our Data replication, Data Factory, Data Lake, ETL processes, Data pipelines, Data Governance, API integrations, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools, and ML systems.
This is a highly technical & hands-on role that performs architecture, design, and engineering tasks of various complexities. This is a very impactful role as we make Dayforce a data forward cloud product allowing our Dayforce customers to leverage real-time analytics to power their own organizations. We are looking for someone that is excited by this robust vision and wants to power "Intelligence at Work" across millions of end-users.
- Design solutions with focus on client data
- Technical implementation by performing detailed business, data, and overall system analysis
- Focuses on solution-level decisions and implementations.
- Hands-on work with Data Engineers and Developers to implement solutions with respect to Roadmap and Reference Architecture
- Provide & Implement solution for data transformation and data curation
- Deliver overall solutions to complex application problems
- Explore new technologies that could be used for future solutions
- Write clear and concise Vision, Business Needs, Business and Functional Requirements and Technical specifications based on analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 5+ years related experience, or Master’s degree plus 3+ years related experience
- 5-7+ years of systems design and architecture is ideal due to the complexity of the role, we are looking for someone that has experience building the architecture via modern cloud infrastructures such as Azure/Azure data services
- Strong understanding of various software development methodologies, design patterns, and architecture frameworks to help guide the team on execution best practices
- Experience in designing software solutions with demanding non-functional requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security, etc
- Demonstrated solution delivery incorporating data governance standards and emerging technologies to design, implement, enhance, and automate where feasible
- Ability to present ideas and work collaboratively across various audiences, you will be communicating with technical, non-technical and senior leadership stakeholders
- Must be creative, analytical, and be comfortable challenging the status quo
- We value life-long learning here at Ceridian; with the world of data constantly evolving, we are looking for a candidate passionate about exploring new technologies
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.