Product Design Manager
Tempo SoftwareAnywhere8 days ago
We are always looking for new talent to join us in our mission to optimize time tracking. As one of the largest, award-winning, and top-selling app vendors in the Atlassian Ecosystem, we hire only the best and brightest.
What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing, to resource management, to cost tracking, we are proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately we have been expanding into new ecosystems, most recently Zendesk. It’s an exciting time, with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon!
Our reach is wide: we are happy to support more than 20,000 customers all over the world. We are looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Sweden, Canada, and the USA.
Join us and discover the thrill of being part of a team that is not only digging deep in automation, AI and cool tech but also builds great and reliable products our teams and customers love!
About The Job
Our Product & Design team builds on a platform of deep insight for our users both internally and externally, turning complex technology into elegant product solutions.
As a Design Manager, you will work closely with Product Designers, UX Researchers, and Product Managers to develop golden paths for our users. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, across both internal and external products. This an exciting opportunity to collaborate with design leads and cross-functional partners to craft the vision and strategies behind some of the biggest initiatives in the company! Working with the design team remotely to deliver smart products and grow as a creative professional. This role provides an outstanding opportunity to change elevations, from high-level strategic thinker to interaction and visual designer. Tempo's work in advanced technologies has many exciting challenges ahead, and we're excited to welcome you as a team member to build the future of time management and planning for software development teams. This is a full-time position open to remote.
The role involves
- Drive the vision and experience with cross-functional partners to deliver the product experience for some of our most critical simulation and autonomy development products
- Drive best practices in overall experiences and product design
- Assist product teams ship with high quality with minimal impact on velocity
- Work with designers to provide opportunities to develop and foster their strengths
- Build a team of designers and researchers who can take Tempo to new levels of proficiency
- Increase the efficiency and improve the entire design and product teams, not just your direct reports
- Lead teams through vision, planning, and talent management
The ideal candidate
- 5+ years in the product design experience
- 2+ years leading design teams in the development of software products
- Experience designing UX/IA experience for large/complex web applications with multiple KPIs
- Background and knowledge working with a wide range of UI Design, Visual Design, UX Research in a highly technical environment or complex product suite, shown through a comprehensive portfolio with products that demonstrate quality of UX and Visual craft
- Excellent communication and analytical skills that help you to quickly adapt to a new complex, cross-functional environment
- Excitement for establishing team culture, hiring, and promoting design education within the greater organization
- Experience working with leadership to identify key business opportunities and IP
- Ability to build and share a vision with cross-functional partners and the public
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
What's In It For You
- Remote work!
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada & Iceland
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only!
At Tempo Software, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive culture. As such all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.