ApplyBoardKitchener, ON25 days ago
We’re building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education. ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
As a Product Designer, you will lead the creation and cultivation of products with ambitious vision that require your creativity. Working closely with other designers, product management, and engineering, you will identify user needs and intent, test possibilities, and ship elegant solutions. You live and breath design-thinking, have a knack for distilling complex systems into simple contexts, and demonstrate a love for learning matched only by your need to share your knowledge with others.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate closely with other designers, product management, and engineering to continuously iterate and improve our products
- Be a partner in contributing your strategic thinking to build the best and most impactful product for our students and various personas
- Identify user needs through qualitative and quantitative research methods including interviews and surveys
- Map out complex systems and individual user journeys
- Visualize flows and interactions using models, wireframes, layouts, and UI prototypes
- Create pixel perfect interfaces across various media and platforms
- Define and document dynamic interactions and behaviors
- Validate solutions and test hypotheses by building and analyzing experiments
- Cultivate relationships with other teams and stakeholders who depend on us
- Mentor junior UX team members to improve their technical craft
- Contribute to our design system, research methods, and organizational processes
What you bring:
- Expert in user experience and interface design
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all aspects of a user experience (strategy, information, interaction design, etc.)
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process, including research, jobs to be done, journey mapping, content modelling, component inheritance, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions
- Proficiency in interaction design across various devices and platforms. Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines, including product and engineering
- Experience with design and collaboration tools such as Figma, etc.
- A portfolio that demonstrates functional designs across desktop and mobile devices
- Familiarity with common programming concepts and modern web frameworks
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard; however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 800 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities. Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$170M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we provide equal opportunity to applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. If you require an accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be addressed confidentially.