Manifest ClimateToronto, ON21 days ago
Our purpose is to inform and inspire substantive, positive climate action. To do so, we're building a world class team to innovate and implement transformative climate strategies.
In January 2020, climate change visionary and entrepreneur Laura Zizzo and successful technology entrepreneur Jeremy Greven joined forces. Together, they launched Manifest Climate, a software platform to help companies navigate climate change risks and opportunities. The platform provides companies with a clear and straightforward way to understand, assess, govern, and disclose climate-related risks and creates greater transparency for stakeholders.
At Manifest, we work with forward-thinking organizations across a broad range of industries, including construction, finance, government, and real estate. Our role is to engage and empower businesses to develop climate and resilience strategies, educate teams on climate developments, equip them with the tools to identify and manage risks and opportunities and provide leading solutions.
If you are forward-thinking and interested in meaningful, purpose-driven work, helping real-world decision-makers and influencers respond to the climate crisis and stay ahead of the climate curve, we think you'd like it here.
Who we need
We are looking for experienced Product Managers to join our fast-growing product team. Manifest product managers drive the entire product lifecycle from market analysis to ideation, hypothesis validation, all the way through design, development, launch and ongoing operations. All while helping our clients discover, assess, manage, optimize and communicate their climate related risks and opportunities through a compelling blend of data, artificial intelligence, original insight and user experience design. In this role, you will dive deep into product differentiators, developing insights into market trends, and build out our go-to-market and growth strategies.
Who you are
You are an experienced Product Manager at a software company who wants to step into a high profile role with executive-level exposure at a rapidly scaling global industry leader. You are looking for an opportunity to apply your experience to accelerate the transformation already underway at Manifest. Whether you have worked at a startup and want to jump back into a fast-pace or have grown your skills within enterprise, you have a passion for bringing our vision and mission to life.
What's in it for you
Challenges, impact, and inspiration. You want to channel your passion for climate consciousness into your daily work. You want the professional reward of driving the build and successful delivery of new product features based on your expertise, lessons learned, best practices, and strategic planning and analysis. You want to be part of one of the fastest growing global technology companies working on climate change. A company responding to a massive market opportunity ahead of a huge adoption curve, where soon thousands of public companies with trillions of market capitalization will have to disclose climate-related financial risk aligned with industry best-practice.
How you will make a difference:
- Accountability. You will own the roadmap for products under your purview, and ensure its alignment to overall business strategy, including continuous review and evolution of product features. You will draw on experience and knowledge to see the big picture and develop creative plans to make the vision a reality.
- Execution. You will work with key stakeholders to drive initiatives through execution, including writing user stories and participating in all scrum ceremonies, including standups, sprint grooming / planning and retros.
- Align the business. You will conduct market analysis and work with executive leaders on the business vision for Manifest to ensure it aligns with the overall product strategy. You will work with the executive team to implement cloud-based features that extend beyond industry standards and elevate our SaaS offerings.
- Strategize. You will use your product management experience and hands-on expertise to lead high-level product development and rollout planning. You will:
- Lead customer conversations to identify needs.
- Collaborate across teams and leadership to ensure matching priorities and timelines.
- Manage the product release cycle and interact with a wide range of business stakeholders and executive leaders to ensure successful and on-schedule launches.
What you bring to our collaborative (virtual) space:
- The expertise. You have a university degree in Engineering, Business, Math, or relevant experience. You have spearheaded the strategy for SaaS products, ideally built for enterprise customers. You are intimately familiar with creating a product that prioritizes the end user, leading initiatives from conceptualization to successful launch and operation in the market.
- The knowledge. You have expertise in managing the product life cycle, and interfacing with client success, support, sales, and marketing. You are resourceful and pragmatic, with the ability to build an approach or methodology where one doesn't already exist and re-align objectives to stay on track, and the ability to rapidly switch contexts and work modes while maintaining situational awareness and alignment to overall goals.
- The influence. You excel at building relationships, making presentations, and influencing decision makers. You can adapt and modulate your messaging to suit the audience you are speaking with. You prioritize transparent communication to ensure focus and buy-in.
- The analytics. You can expertly solicit, interpret, and pivot to respond to market trends, KPIs, and other relevant data. You have a knack for translating strategy and data into creative insights, comfortably working with pivot tables and numbers. You are continuously seeking ways to drive effective customer engagement.
- The passion. You are passionate about our purpose, our planet, and applying your talents to build our brand and our client base. You are interested in new ideas and new technology.
Evolve, improve, and thrive with us.
Our purpose drives everything: to inform and inspire substantive, positive, climate action. Our unified belief in this purpose drives our culture, the calibre of talent we attract, our work ethic, resolve, and determination.
Our values include a relentless focus on customers, making things simple and useful, and creating thriving ecosystems. We have other values too, but they're table stakes: transparency, integrity, authenticity, fairness, wholeness, open honest communication, agility, balance, self-management and autonomy. In short, we want to build an amazing place to work where every team member is empowered, supported, and energized.
We expect to make some mistakes along our journey, but that's all part of finding our way. We're here to learn and grow together - to build an amazing company that makes a difference, and hopefully, has a legacy that lasts forever.
We are always on the lookout for committed and passionate climate-change professionals interested in contributing their talents in a challenging, energetic, and inter-disciplinary environment. If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and are determined to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully.
Express your interest here, including a cover letter or follow us on LinkedIn to stay connected.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities where we live and work. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.