Title: Product Manager
Job number: 000533
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Management
Area: Product Management
Delta Controls is hiring for a Product Manager position based in our Surrey, BC offices (Cloverdale/Langley border). This is a full-time, permanent position to start as soon as possible.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is located in our head office. Remote work may be available during COVID-19.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation.
Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
The Product Manager role is responsible for all aspects of products under his/her product portfolio. This includes increasing existing product profitability to driving existing product improvements and new product initiatives for the company. Product Managers work with internal and external development teams to define product release requirements and collaborate with marketing communications and Product Strategists to define the go-to-market strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Execute the product strategy initiated by Product Strategists.
- Participate in the conceptual design stage and perform feasibility analysis.
- Responsible for all aspects of products in portfolio from conception to release.
- Maintain feature roadmap and ensure alignment with business strategy and priorities.
- Define high level marketing requirements to produce the product vision and scope.
- Interview user groups, meet with customers and develop use cases.
- Review and prioritize incoming feature requests, bug reports, and customer needs.
- Coordinate with other business units to ensure system compatibility and platform alignment.
- Perform product validation and oversee beta trial program.
- Coordinate product releases, including documentation and announcements.
- Review documentation and provide guidance and direction to Technical Writers.
- Coordinate research and investigate innovative technologies within product portfolio.
- Work with Manufacturing to create part numbers, improve DFM and initiate cost reduction.
- Develop marketing and communications collateral to achieve post launch support efforts.
- Develop and maintain product pricing strategy and gross margin for existing and new products.
- Provide guidance and direction on the functional test plans as performed by Quality Assurance.
- Work with the development team to create application demos and presentation content.
- Attend relevant trade shows and external customer meetings.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Main skills required:
Required skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Confident public speaker
- Clear understanding of the product-to-market process
- Strong creative skills
- Forward thinking and excellent analytical skills
Preferred skills and abilities
- Working knowledge of building controls and control theory
- Electronic design and manufacturing
- Project management certification
- Product management training
Minimum qualifications :
Degree in Electrical, Computer, Integrated or Mechanical engineering or applicable technology diploma in Robotics, Instrumentation, Computer Control or other applicable technology
- Years of relevant experience required: 5 to 8 years
Years of relevant experience required: 5 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employer paid premiums for life insurance, health and family-focused benefits such as the employee assistance program, extended health, vision and dental benefits
- Onsite fitness center
- Company paid personal days off
- RRSP match program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Annual sabbatical allowance
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
Job posting start date: Aug-31-2021
Job posting end date: Sep-30-2021
Keywords: Product Strategists, Feasibility Analysis