Product Manager - Building Automation Systems
Delta ControlsSurrey, BC - Remote opportunities available4 days ago
Title: Product Manager
Job number: 000503
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Management
Area: Product Management
Delta Controls is hiring a Product Manager to fill an opening at our organization. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will guide a number of product lines, as a business unit focused on Hardware and Software for Building Automation Control Systems.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is eligible to remote applicants (work from home or telecommute).
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
About Delta Controls
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and a $7+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will guide a number of product lines, as a business unit focused on Hardware and Software for Building Automation Control Systems. This extends from increasing existing product profitability to driving existing product improvements and new product initiatives for the company. This would be an external-facing role starting in the HVAC Systems line of business. You will leverage your industry experience and your contacts with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with internal and external development counterparts to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications and Product Strategists to define the go-to-market strategy, assisting in the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
In this role, you will:
- Execute the product strategy initiated by Product Strategists.
- Participate in the conceptual design stage and perform feasibility analysis.
- Responsible for all aspects of products in portfolio from conception to release.
- Maintain feature roadmap and ensure alignment with business strategy and priorities.
- Define high level marketing requirements to produce the product vision and scope.
- Interview user groups, meet with customers and develop use cases.
- Review and prioritize incoming feature requests, bug reports, and customer needs.
- Coordinate with other business units to ensure system compatibility and platform alignment.
- Perform product validation and oversee beta trial program.
- Coordinate product releases, including documentation and announcements.
- Review documentation and provide guidance and direction to Technical Writers.
- Coordinate research and investigate innovative technologies within product portfolio.
- Work with Manufacturing to create part numbers, improve DFM and initiate cost reduction.
- Develop marketing and communications collateral to achieve post launch support efforts.
- Develop and maintain product pricing strategy and gross margin for existing and new products.
- Provide guidance and direction on the functional test plans as performed by Quality Assurance.
- Work with the development team to create application demos and presentation content.
- Attend relevant trade shows and external customer meetings.
- Some business travel, typically quarterly.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Main skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Confident public speaker
- Clear understanding of the product-to-market process
- Strong creative skills
- Forward thinking and excellent analytical skills
- Technology or business administration diploma from an accredited educational institution in an appropriate field of study.
- Ongoing and adequate experience relevant to the position.
- Valid travel documents (passport) for international travel.
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of building controls and control theory
- Electronic design and manufacturing
- Project management certification
- Product management training
Years of relevant experience required: 5 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree , Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
Complete or update your profile at https://careers.deltacontrols.com and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. For remote positions, you may be required to work core department hours or head office hours. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
BAS, Product Management, Delta Controls