Title: Product Manager - Cloud Solutions
Job number: 00592
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Management
Area: Product Management
Delta Controls leads the enterprise market in innovative HVAC solutions in both hardware devices and building automation software platforms. In this role, you will manage the foundation for Delta Controls Cloud computing platform and own the product as it is rolled out and evolves with our global partner base. The Cloud suite is comprised of rapid deployment tools, telemetry storage from IoT sensors and controllers, advanced digital twin designs, and API support to third party systems.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is eligible to remote applicants (work from home or telecommute).
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., a $10+ billion USD organization and global leader in power supply solutions, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
Duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Understand the cloud ecosystem, markets, competition, and detailed user requirements.
- Launch new products and features, test their performance and market acceptance.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Sales Managers, Engineering, Marketing, and UX teams on the latest innovations and trends in cloud product offerings.
- Collaborate and execute product strategies initiated by Product Strategists.
- Responsible for all aspects of products in portfolio from conception to release and during the product’s natural life cycle.
- Maintain feature roadmap and ensure alignment with business strategy and priorities.
- Define high level marketing requirements to produce the product vision and scope.
- Interview user groups, meet with customers and develop use cases.
- Review and prioritize incoming feature requests, bug reports, and customer needs.
- Coordinate with other business units to ensure system compatibility and feature alignment.
- Perform product validation and oversee beta trial program.
- Coordinate product releases, including documentation and announcements.
- Review documentation and provide guidance and direction to Technical Writers.
- Develop and maintain product pricing strategy and gross margin for existing and new product offerings.
- Attend relevant trade shows and external customer meetings.
Main skills required:
Required skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Confident public speaker
- Clear understanding of cloud, SaaS and enterprise products
- Forward thinking and excellent analytical skills
Preferred skills and abilities
- Experience in one or more of the following: cloud infrastructure, containers, developer tools, developer operations, serverless, software as a service, marketplace, and/or billing.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Knowledge or experience of building controls and control theory
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Years of relevant experience required: 3 to 5 years
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience developing and launching products and technologies within Cloud, SaaS and enterprise networks.
- Experience in creating strategic product roadmaps from conception to launch.
- Experience in leading the product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Valid travel documents (passport) for international
Years of relevant experience required: 5 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employer paid premiums for life insurance, health and family-focused benefits such as the employee assistance program, extended health, vision and dental benefits
- Onsite fitness center
- Company paid personal days off
- RRSP match program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Annual sabbatical allowance
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.