Product Manager, Commercial Real Estate
Altus GroupToronto, ON20 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the real estate investment industry. As part of the new initiative, we are looking for a Product Manager, Commercial Real Estate. You will work with internal and external clients to define and refine the purpose and need for our new platform. You will help us gather the evidence and use it to shape the solution and deliverables. Your focus in this role will be to drive the adoption of our product while your team supports the technical requirements and releases. This is a chance to take a deep dive into product differentiators, business strategy, market trends, as well as our go-to-market and growth strategies.
Who you are
You are a business-focused Product Manager obsessed with defining and refining your product's value proposition and growing its market share. You have experience both in the real estate industry and rolling out a software product strategy for external clients. You may currently be working on a smaller product, and you want the opportunity to move to a larger organization, or you are a part of a bigger company. You are looking for a chance to spearhead a new product strategy. Either way, you want to be part of an organization that is a leader in their space with global clients.
What’s in it for you?
A blank slate. You are looking for an opportunity to influence the product roadmap and shape our new functionalities, aligning industry needs with business objectives. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact in the global CRE market contributing critical work to a benchmark project that is accelerating our position as a proptech leader. You will be working with prominent global corporations and financial institutions, and our own teams to develop a detailed current and future research-based direction for the work we want to do to digitally transform the CRE market.
Unparalleled exposure and impact. You want to step into a high profile role with executive-level exposure at a rapidly scaling global industry leader. You will spearhead the work of a product team working alongside architecture, development, quality assurance, and devops team members who are at the top of their game, solving problems that have never been looked at before. You will have the freedom to lead the deliverables from the ground up, from planning to launch. This is an opportunity to make your mark and genuinely accomplish something exciting as we focus on building a new platform and products that will define and drive our data and SaaS strategy.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. As we move from building to scaling, you will have a chance to increase your exposure and make an impact working on increasingly complex or large-scale products or move across to other areas of the business.
Our new Product Manager, CRE will:
- Leverage your CRE expertise. You will provide thought leadership and insights into general industry trends and market behaviours. You will create reports communicating insights on market and industry trends and needs, including competitive product capabilities and developments. You will present findings of extensive and in-depth analysis on both Altus products and competitors.
- Own and drive. You will own the product roadmap, including continuous review and evolution. You will lead the development of the new automated data modelling solutions. You will draw on experience and knowledge to see the big picture and develop creative strategies to make the vision a reality.
- Curate. You will gather and classify data requirements from our clients and business units across the greater Altus Group. You will develop a broad, and deep understanding of analytical use cases in the real estate sector and understand how data solutions can be integrated within software and service offerings.
- Be an influential voice. You will contribute to the development of new products or product enhancements based on in-depth analysis and assessment of our clients’ strategic and tactical data needs. You will promote and explain the benefits of the new offerings to internal teams and clients. You will execute on pricing, sales, and go-to-market strategies in the asset and portfolio management space.
Our new Product Manager, CRE will have:
- The ideal combination of knowledge and experience. You have experience leading product strategies to influence global product development. You have in-depth knowledge of the CRE industry and ideally technical knowledge for data solutions for business. You have exceptional client-facing skills and sound business acumen.
- The passion for bringing people and technology together. You are a master translator who can convey business and technical needs to any level of audience. You are the conduit of communication and hub of information. You strive for balance across business value, client need, end-user desire, market expectation, and user experience. You have experience developing data and analytical products and understand how software and data solutions can be brought together.
- The ownership. You thrive in a busy environment, assigning tasks, following up on deliverables, and getting your hands dirty too. Whatever it takes, you get it done. You have a way of speaking that engages your audience and instills confidence and credibility. You are comfortable presenting concepts and data to C-level executives. You are invested in satisfying the needs of your clients - and you work hard to do it well, on spec and on time.
- The leadership presence. Your commitment and focus inspire those around you to do better. You know how to build, grow and coach a team. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment across different locations with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!