Product Manager, Digital Media and Learning
Target start date: As soon as possible.
Our amazing team is expanding!
At Sandbox, we are a weird bunch, we do things differently. We are at the intersection of filmmaking, design and technology and have a passion for education. We work hard and are not afraid of venturing into new territory to deliver beautiful, out-of-the-box digital media and learning products. We strive to make a difference for clients who work to improve lives on a global scale, from UNICEF to the World Health Organization, from TEDx to the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research.
What’s in it for you?
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team on a full-time basis and lead the development of products that fuse technology, media and learning.
At Sandbox you’ll get to:
- Join a small and mighty team of filmmakers, designers, technologists, educators, researchers, and operational maestros who share knowledge and grow together
- Work in a dynamic agency environment with a lot of autonomy and plenty of opportunity to exercise your creativity on homegrown products
- Stretch your skills and have opportunities for a range of career pathways, whether you love media, technology, learning or all of them
- Use your skills to make a difference, whether you’re interested in improving education, health, the economy, our communities or the environment
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid office, four weeks of vacation, attractive salary progression and professional development opportunities
We are looking for a driven and detail-oriented Product Manager to lead digital media and learning products from conceptualization to delivery for a wide range of clients, under the guidance of the Lead of Digital Learning Initiatives. This involves conceptualizing and managing products ranging from web applications and learning modules to self-generated R&D projects.
Specifically the Product Manager role involves:
- Product conceptualization and planning (20%)
- Collaborate with the Lead of Digital Learning Initiatives, the Executive Producer, media specialists, learning experts, UX designers and developers to conceptualize original, visual and story-driven digital media and learning products.
- Create and own project scope, estimates, detailed project plans, priorities, deadlines, deliverables, and schedules in collaboration with the Lead of Digital Learning Initiatives.
- Team management (20%)
- Identify talent needs for each project in collaboration with the Lead of Digital Learning Initiatives.
- Create and maintain a roster of external collaborators.
- Create and maintain open channels of communication with internal and external team members.
- Create frequent touch points and use project management tools to keep everyone on schedule and ensure a smooth project flow.
- Quality review/assurance (20%)
- Review all project components with an eye to maintaining high quality despite tight timelines, in collaboration with the Digital Learning Initiatives Lead.
- Lead the process of quality assurance for technology products in collaboration with the Graphic/UX Designer, web developers and other teams as needed.
- Client communications (20%)
- Participate in all client meetings for assigned projects and lead regular client communications.
- Identify any concerns regarding timing, quality or scope and proactively raise them with the Digital Initiatives Learning Lead.
- Company-wide strategy and R&D (20%)
In close collaboration with the Digital Learning Initiatives Lead and CEO/Executive Producer:
- Lead strategic work to establish an effective product development process
- Contribute to conceptualizing and developing R&D projects in close collaboration with the Digital Learning Initiatives Lead and CEO/Executive Producer.
What You Bring to the Table
- 2-4 years of experience in product management or equivalent role in the technology or design industry
- You are a self-starter, love to solve problems and are an entrepreneur at heart
- You have experience managing multiple projects with tight timelines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are comfortable leading technical teams including UX designers and web developers
- You are familiar with working in an agile software development environment
- You communicate with tact, diplomacy and clarity in writing and verbally
- You have experience or a demonstrated interest in UI/UX design
- You have experience or a demonstrated interest in learning and education and how technology can help foster accessible and impactful learning experiences
- You have completed a university degree, a college diploma, an industry certification, or other training equipping you with skills relevant to the opportunity.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and are excited about this opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
The Hiring Process
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only individuals invited to an interview will be contacted. The process will involve the following steps:
Step 1: Submit your CV, cover letter and answer screening questions on Indeed.
Step 2: Skills assessment
Step 3: Interview with Sandbox hiring manager(s)
Step 4: Interview with Sandbox hiring manager(s) and CEO/Executive Producer
Step 5: References
Step 6: Offer
The offices of Sandbox Inc. are located in downtown Toronto, just south of Trinity Bellwoods park. Currently, our team operates on a hybrid model: we work mostly remotely and have meetings in the office periodically.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to meeting you!
The Sandbox team