Join us as we change healthcare for the better.
Ocean by CognisantMD is the leading provider of EMR-integrated Patient Engagement and eReferral tools in Canada, playing a critical role in millions of patient visits and thousands of referrals every week. Our digital healthcare solutions empower patients and physicians to overcome the barriers preventing the timely delivery of healthcare services. By replacing paper forms with digital tools we give patients and providers secure ways to connect, share health information, and update patient records. Our tools:
- Empower patients to share health information with their physician before, during, and after visits, helping to ensure health records are up to date and accurate while improving patient care.
- Meet the growing demand for virtual care solutions via an online booking system and secure messaging that brings significant benefits to patients while improving clinic efficiency and reducing the need for unnecessary phone calls.
- Improve access to care by replacing faxes, calculating wait times, and reducing the time to process and access specialist referrals.
Who we need
Reporting to the Director, Product Management, we are looking for a Product Manager, Patient Engagement. You will own the definition-to-delivery of our suite of provider-to-patient communication tools, such as Online Booking, Patient Messages and Patient Reminders. You will collaborate with our customer-facing teams to identify customer-driven opportunities, products and features. You will lead the Patient Engagement feature definition, sprint planning, advise the Software Development team and facilitate product knowledge transfer to other teams.
Who you are
You are an experienced Product Manager that is looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative effort to change the healthcare experience for practitioners and patients. You want to be part of an organization driven by ethics and the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of Canadians. You share our values of mutual respect, owning mistakes, and striving for honesty and integrity every day, in every situation.
What's in it for you
Impact, exposure, and growth. You will play a key role in bringing our mission to life, our products to market, and ultimately, streamlined healthcare delivery and access for Canadians. You will collaborate with senior leadership to set the direction for a portfolio of six Patient Engagement products that are being used by thousands of patients and providers across Canada each day. Prioritizing and leading this broad product portfolio offers the opportunity to learn and grow every day and see the impact of the work you do. You will have a ‘front-row seat’ to the digital health revolution in Canada and influence its direction. You want to be a key player at a company that is at an exciting growth point, rapidly moving past the scale-up stage while retaining the best of our startup values, responsiveness, work-life balance, and excitement.
How you will make an impact
- Ownership. You will be responsible for executing the Patient Engagement product plan and ensuring its alignment with the overall business strategy. You will use your product management experience and strong technical skills to define, prioritize, translate and oversee new features and enhancements across multiple products to maximize customer success and achieve our corporate goals. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to assess the problems our customers need solved and their alignment with our existing platform, core competencies and strategic direction. You will manage the product release cycle and interact with a wide range of business and practice leaders to ensure successful and on-schedule launches.
- Customer-focus. You will be the customers’ advocate to incorporate intuitiveness, ease-of-use and accessibility into the user interaction and user experience of our Patient Engagement tools.
- Collaboration. You will work across teams to drive initiatives and present new product concepts. You will define and prioritize user stories and participate in all scrum ceremonies to see them transform from concept to working product.
What you bring
- The expertise. You have accumulated strong skills across the product implementation lifecycle from managing multiple products in your career, including requirements gathering, UI/UX, user story writing, UAT and knowledge transfer. You are equally comfortable with speaking with a Sales team member and an Engineering (Software Development) team member about ‘what the product needs’.
- The experience. You have proven experience leading the development of a SaaS product in an agile environment, collaborating with engineering, customer success, support, sales, and marketing colleagues while you manage one or multiple products’ lifecycles. You are resourceful and pragmatic, with the ability to translate customer needs into the level of detail the Engineering needs to ‘get to done’ using tools such as Jira. Ideally, you have experience in healthcare or health tech.
- The leadership. You have effective and flexible communication skills to influence without authority, earn trust, and build working relationships across stakeholder levels. You are comfortable working with in-person and remote teams. You facilitate vibrant discussions because you have a respect for diverse opinions and approaches. Ideally, you enjoy acting as an ambassador for our company in external forums as a digital health expert and trailblazer.
- The initiative. You are a critical thinker who can creatively solve problems, and you continuously pursue knowledge. You are inspired by a fast-paced environment and can rise to the challenge of competing priorities. You aim to be data-driven, deriving insights and planning future actions based on the data.
- The passion. You are passionate about our purpose, and applying your talents to build our brand and our customer base. You are interested in new ideas and new technology.
Our culture, our team
We’re a scaling company, past the startup stage and on the cusp of the next stage. We are incredibly passionate about our ability to make a difference in the lives of Canadians through our technology and we firmly believe that we can do our best work with realistic deadlines and transparent communication about where we are and what’s next for us as an organization. We understand the time it takes to revolutionize a paper-based industry and develop and release high-quality resilient, compliant, and responsive technology that is easy to use so we ensure that pace is factored into our projects and deliverables across the organization.
Our focus is your growth and professional satisfaction, resulting in clear opportunities to help us scale and be better through your ideas, and the chance to be part of projects, and try new things. We are dedicated to our team, and we strongly believe that family comes first. To that end, we strive to find opportunities to support balance in the workplace and between work and home. As part of this, we have flexible hours, lunch socials (virtual for now but some physically-distanced small gatherings too), and meeting-free Friday afternoons.
Everyone here is deeply committed to what we can do - and the potential we have to do more. As a result, we provide an opportunity for Cognisant Causes, our name for passion projects in healthcare where no funding is available and a little technical expertise and time is needed to make a big difference. It’s a way to give back and to add further meaning to what you do here.
A note on values
We value ethical behaviour above all else. We care about each other and we respect each other as professionals and people. We treat our customers with respect and keep our word, even if it hurts. We own our mistakes. We strive for honesty and integrity every day in every situation. We look for people who share these values.
We are transforming patient care across the country and we’ve only just begun. Join us
We are always on the lookout for ethically driven, intelligent, and compassionate professionals who want to be part of an energetic culture and company, people who are interested in contributing their talents in a challenging, interdisciplinary environment. If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and are determined to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully.
Express your interest here, explore what we do here, or follow us on LinkedIn to stay connected.
We strive to build a diverse team and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.