Product Owner, Member Data Authentication
CBC / Radio-CanadaToronto10 days ago
Why work for CBC/Radio Canada
When you come to CBC/Radio-Canada, you’re not only joining the undisputed leader in expressing Canadian culture – you’re also participating in its digital revolution. Here, you’ll actively contribute to creating innovative projects on our major platforms and will find a stimulating, state-of-the-art and team-focused work environment.
What your role will consist of:
Digital is a key part of our present and our future. CBC/Radio-Canada’s strategy is focused on becoming the first organization to provide a digital platform that delivers unique content and experiences for our audiences, by telling stories that reflect who they are. If you’re passionate about the user experience, love technology, and are driven to bring out the best in others, you’ll enjoy working at CBC/Radio-Canada.
You are a Technical Product Owner, a seasoned Developer, Architect or Business Analyst with a proven well-established work methodology and leadership experience. You want a chance to lead a team that is as passionate about possibilities as they are about distributing great content that speaks to all Canadians. As a thoughtful leader, you can inspire the work of a cross-functional product team and encourage collaboration to shape their contributions. You want the chance to bring a vision to life; take ideas from concept and design to development and launch, it’s time to join the team.
Please note that this position can be based in either Toronto or Montreal.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Play an active role in CBC/Radio-Canada’s digital development, as well as ensure that our audience members have a seamless experience across our products.
- Work on a product and its features that will effectively utilize the federated data across our systems to create an enriched understanding of our target audience.
- Enhance account creation and user authentication (Single Sign-On Experience) to enrich their experience.
- Contribute to define and refine the strategy and select the tools to enable customer identity, access management, and community engagement
- Lean on audience member behaviors and expectations to develop a personalized experience.
- Combine audience member and product strategy demands to create a differentiating and relevant authentication experience for the CBC / Radio-Canada audience.
- Guarantee a roadmap aligned with our technological ecosystem, listen to the business needs of the business and explain technology choices to the broader CBC / Radio-Canada.
- Maintain close collaboration with the web and mobile application development and business intelligence teams.
- Would need to work from the Montreal or Toronto office with frequent travel in between.
How you will make a difference:
- Be an influencer in the future of building CBC/Radio-Canada’s core infrastructure.
- Guide the team to understand how member data can be utilized to enable better personalization of our digital products.
- Act on behalf of our target audience in establishing and following best practices to manage data security and privacy so that we maintain the trust of Canadians.
- Nurture a culture of collaboration, learning and creativity.
- Bring support to the work of a cross-functional team providing mentorship and direction.
What we are looking for from the ideal candidate:
- University degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Five (5) years of experience in digital product development as Product Owner, Seasoned Developer, Architect or Technical Business Analyst.
- Hands-on experience working with customer identity and access management technologies, databases and data integration.
- Understanding of:
- SSO and CIAM technologies,
- Schema design and how to create a unified schema across federated data sources,
- APIs - how they send and receive data,
- Data security and privacy,
- Good understanding of the Agile methodology for digital product development
- Good experience in:
- Build / measure / learn development cycle
- Evolving a service into a platform that can be utilized by multiple products with minimal dependencies
- Prioritization skills and the ability to adapt to a large number of varied projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to manage a team and keep them motivated.
- Strategic thinker and an idea-generator
- Bilingualism (English and French) spoken and written, or at minimum an ability to work within a bilingual team and develop your language skills
- Comfortable with working with remote teams based in both Montreal and Toronto.
- Available to travel at least once a month in either one of these two cities.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, express your interest by applying now! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.