Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Pepsi, Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
About the role
Bold is looking for an experienced Product Designer who knows how to dive deep into large initiatives and deliver results. In this role, you’ll be responsible for understanding the user’s needs and the problems we should solve, and then working with the team to create and deliver amazing experiences. Working on our Developer Experience Team, you will create a world-class developer experience through several different systems such as our Partner Portal, Developer Portal, Account Centre, and Help Centre.
We need someone who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and help us chart a path into the unknown by using a lean, pragmatic, and collaborative approach.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Product Managers, Developers, and Quality Assurance Analysts to design and deliver the best solutions to our customers
- Regularly conduct research, looking for opportunities to improve the lives of our users
- Facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions with the team and other stakeholders
- Create concepts and mockups as interactive prototypes in Figma, review them with the team and stakeholders, and validate them with users through usability testing
- Along with the Product Manager and Lead Developer, you’ll help create the future vision for the product and establish metrics that we’ll use to track our progress
- Work with other designers on other teams to ensure we’re designing our products consistently, and we’re contributing back into our design system and patterns library
- Contribute to improving how we work together as designers and as a department through our process, tools, communication, and best practices
What we're looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- At least 3 years of experience working as a product or UX designer
- Can design solutions that strike a balance between a user’s needs, business viability, and technical feasibility
- A strong drive to make everything better; from fixing a typo to reworking and simplifying an entire system so that it makes more sense to people and delivers better results for our users and for Bold
- Proficient with content/data modelling and are knowledgeable about technical systems and information architecture
- Proficient using design software like Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD), Axure, InVision, etc.
- Experience with design systems/UI frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, Semantic UI, Material, Carbon, Fluent, React, etc.
- Experience facilitating collaborative group sessions to keep people on track to achieve a goal
- Experience interviewing users, asking great questions, and extracting useful information to help us make our products even better
- Collaborative and can work closely with a team to create the best solutions for customers
- Strong communication skills and can share ideas in a way people can understand, while also understanding the ideas of others and seeing things from their perspective
- You are curious: you seek to understand a user’s needs, business objectives, technical constraints, and love complex challenges
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!