At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 500 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve’s Professional Services team consists of Technical Subject Matter Experts and our Project Management Office. The primary focus of this team is to deliver project-based implementation and consulting services to our clients in a variety of practice areas including Cloud and Datacenter related technologies, Intelligent Edge and networking, Microsoft Modern Workplace, and Security. In addition to our client facing capacity, the team also provides escalated support to our Managed Services team and the clients they serve; including the design and build of Microserve’s internal IT systems.
Microserve is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Professional Services Manager to lead our services team and take a lead role in customer interactions. The PS Manager's responsibilities include providing the highest level of customer service, developing lasting customer relationships, and leading the service team members to deliver the best possible result through fostering an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
A key objective of this role is to grow and mature Microserve’s Professional Services business as we continue to scale to meet our clients' needs. You will be working closely with team members, and driving standards, processes, and continuous service improvement within our teams. Working in partnership with Microserve’s sales organization, you will be a part of the continued growth of Microserve’s professional services within new and existing client organizations.
To be successful in this role, you should display excellent leadership skills to drive results from an experienced technical consulting team. At the same time, you will be expected to maintain a strong working knowledge of all industry standards and technologies and be a subject matter expert in our company's service offerings.
- As the senior team member, along with extensive technical knowledge this role involves managing, supervising, and mentoring engineering/technical/business staff by setting performance expectations, monitoring performance, providing feedback including preparation of performance appraisals and as needed, providing counsel and coaching
- Annual reviews, new staff onboarding processes and work assignment for the team
- Help new recruits to become team players as quickly and as seamlessly as possible, and operationally assist them as our professional service business scales
- Managing and tracking progress on education and training plans, with a heavy emphasis on certifications coordinated with the forward-looking business strategy
- Creating and aligning team and individual goals to corporate business objectives
- Reporting and input to both client and internal Quarterly Business reviews
- Auditing work and customer service to ensure the company's high standards, efficiency, and productivity goals are met.
- Monitoring and managing People Performance KPIs specific to Professional Services (including revenue by tech, workload allocation %, and billable utilization)
- Track and manage team member timesheet and expense approvals weekly
- Time off (e.g. Vacation and sick day) management in ADP
- Triage incoming presales requests and assigning to the team, collaborate with the sales team to qualify opportunities and then assign the appropriate technical resource
- Delegating and directing service opportunities, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing service team members to ensure the team's objectives and goals are met.
- Oversee and participate in production of proposals, statements of work, and RFP responses, for professional services; ensuring all are completed in a timely manner.
- Handling customer issues or concerns quickly and professionally to maintain good customer relationships and ensure repeat customers.
- Coordinating and administrating partner relationships and overseeing their work on joint initiatives.
- Maintaining strong relationships with partners and their sales representatives.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, ensuring the company's adherence to these regulations, and remaining current on the industry's standards and new innovations, materials, tools, and processes.
- Profit and Loss Statement responsibilities including management, reporting and meeting the bottom-line goals of the team per goals/targets.
- Development and reporting on strategic go to market strategies.
- Assisting with or performing administrative tasks, such as managing and approving invoices, editing and approving Statements of Work, project work estimates and project financials.
- Minimum 3+ years of related team leadership
- Ability to lead and motivate technical teams effectively
- 5+ years of experience working within the IT industry
- Degree or Diploma with a related IT focus is strongly desirable
- Relevant certifications (ITIL, PMP) would be considered an asset
- Experience working for a value-added reseller and/or consulting services highly desirable
- Strong working knowledge of M365, Public cloud, Traditional server and storage architecture, Project Management and technology lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience with a broad range of vendor platforms is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of other related infrastructure technologies is an asset. Examples of technology skills that would be considered an asset include:
- 1. Microsoft 365 including MS Teams, SharePoint, Exchange, identity & security
- 2. Traditional Datacenter including SAN/NAS Storage, Virtualization VMware/Microsoft)
- 3. Networking (FortiNet, HP Aruba, Cisco)
- 4. Public Cloud technologies with a focus on Azure
- Exceptional customer service, and professional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills – including ability and willingness to write proposal and RFP response content
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills