The world is in need of great companies to solve the many significant problems within the real estate and housing industry. These companies, however, do not yet exist. Join our extraordinary team at R-LABS and help co-found them. Be a part of a catalyst for innovative venture opportunities in the $200 trillion real estate industry, help us transform crisis into opportunity and, in the process, elevate to the best version of you.
Who we are
R-LABS (“Our Labs”) is a partnership of innovative corporations and game-changing entrepreneurs focused exclusively on problems in real estate and housing. Through our proprietary venture building platform, R-LABS co-creates and helps cultivate companies with new business models, to generate a positive impact on the community and build considerable value. R-LABS=Return on Society + Return on Investment.
The only one of our kind, R-LABS is the real estate industry’s venture-builder. Innovation is a crucial part of our operation, and is central to our ecosystem focused on making a sustainable high impact. We are a start-up factory, launching and supporting fast-moving companies that benefit from our expertise, networks, funding and leadership. Real estate and housing are essential to everyone, but have complicated challenges that require innovative action. We draw upon granular insights and deep knowledge to address the many interrelated industry problems to bring about transformative change.
We’re looking for self-starters, critical thinkers and initiative takers to join our dynamic team of leaders. Innovation is in our DNA. If it’s in yours, join us in making a difference in the way great companies are built and major problems in real estate and housing are solved.
Who you are
As our new Project and Operations Assistant, you will bring your hustle, creativity, and entrepreneurial approach along with your exceptional organizational, research, and communication skills to make things happen and keep everything running smoothly. From managing a constantly changing calendar and travel arrangements to acting as a liaison with corporate partners, clients and other external stakeholders, this is part project coordination, part executive sales assistant, and all detail-oriented, proactive support.
What’s in it for you
Impact and influence. This is a genuine opportunity to contribute to our success, immediately working on four ventures with our Managing Director as well as Marketing and Partner outreach to grow our pipeline. This is not a typical administrative or analyst role, this is engaging project work with measurable outcomes. We live by the mantra, “Batteries included.” To us, that means our people don’t just point out the problems or grind to a halt when they make mistakes, it means we push harder, go further, and come up with the fix. And we’re pretty sure you wrote that and embody.
Exposure and career development. Those joining us will gain incredible insights into the innovative methods problem-solving in real estate can be undertaken. You will work for a Managing Director, who will rely on and appreciate you; and, in turn, provide you with the support you need to do your best work and build your career. This is a place where your authentic self, your voice, and your ideas are welcomed. Whether you want to move into Venture, Marketing, Project, or Operations work, we will support your growth.
You will focus on:
Project and executive support. You will be the proactive, highly responsive problem-solver behind the scenes and in meetings, assisting with overall efficiency.
- Coordinate, research, and plan meetings and project work for the Managing Director, taking ownership and solving problems proactively and as they arise.
- Attend meetings as both note-taker and partner, supporting real-time, analytical responses.
- Respond to and prioritize all inquiries, requests for information, and communications, ensuring the appropriate tone and interest are projected.
- Transform short conversations and scribbled notes into carefully written emails and elegantly designed presentations.
- Manage calendar and book appointments, meetings and reservations, resolving conflicts and negotiating rescheduling on a frequent basis.
- Coordinate all travel logistics and be available to cancel, rebook and confirm changes to the timing of events or the overall agenda.
Operations. You will create an outstanding first impression for colleagues, guests, clients, partners, and vendors in person, on the phone or by email - and it’s a position you’re happy to hold. You will:
- Be an engaging and welcoming presence at the front of the office, opening the doors every morning.
- Act as the go-to resource for questions and support for anyone interacting in or with the office.
- Guide visitors to their meetings, sign for courier packages, and respond to requests and notices from building personnel.
- Professionally answer and direct incoming calls, though we predominantly use our personal mobile phones.
- Manage, respond to, and direct website and email inquiries.
- Be the first point of contact and all-around go-to person for any inquiries or issues with the office space from technical setup to ambient temperature, from catering to meeting room tidying.
- Order and restock office and kitchen supplies.
- Oversee cleaning and maintenance personnel.
- Provide logistics support for on-site and offsite social events, board meetings, and meetings.
You will bring:
- The experience. You have a diploma or degree in Business Administration, Communications, or a related field. Or, you can tell us how you leverage your background to your advantage. You have business acumen gained through in-office experience as an Executive Assistant or Office Manager with the drive, intelligence, and task management skills to play the role of the chief organizer to our Managing Director and key contact to the in-office team.
- The technical skills. You are proficient in MS Office Suite and may have exposure to Salesforce or another CRM. You know how to manage databases, online banking, and scheduling travel. You are tech-savvy and can quickly come up to speed on new tools and applications.
- The initiative. You are a self-starter governed by a sense of urgency and quiet ownership. You can anticipate needs, react to issues, take directions and make things happen, or confidently ask for clarification and do whatever needs to be done. You can balance multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- The interpersonal skills. You have a well-tuned awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion priorities and issues. You can build trusting relationships and have a proven ability to thrive in an ambiguous role at a fast-paced company. You have exceptional communication skills and can diplomatically interact on behalf of C-suite executives and directly with stakeholders, clients, prospects, and industry experts.
- The flexibility. You understand the nature of a startup environment, and you are willing and able to work outside of regular business hours on occasion.
At R-LABS, we believe that the best way to predict the future is to help create it. We work alongside leading entrepreneurs and innovators to identify problems in real estate and co-create purpose-driven companies. Through the science of company building and our venture building platform, we’re developing transformative solutions and driving meaningful change through the real estate and housing industry.
We build and cultivate start-ups, drawing upon years of industry expertise and leadership. We know how to develop successful companies, how to thrive in this space, and how to nurture growth and success not just of our ventures - but of our people.
If we bring you into the fold, you’ll have our trust and our support. You will be mentored and have the autonomy to make great things happen. We know mistakes will happen - to us that’s a sign of true creativity. The ability to rapidly recover, learn, and apply, is what we love about the entrepreneurial culture we foster here.
When you become a Labber, we’ll help you discover your strengths, the problems you’re most passionate about, and what role you will play in real estate innovation and building a better future. We know that when we combine our skills and knowledge, we can create exceptional purpose-driven ventures that positively impact the world around us. There is much good work to be done, together.
Our unique approach to venture building takes the right kind of mindset. We believe that a positive outlook, gratitude, and courage are the foundation for genuine partnerships and the key to changing the world for the better. If you share our values - Integrity, Appreciation, Collaboration, and Innovation, we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words and obligations at R-LABS. We are committed to going further, integrating these values into the way we work, who we work with, and above all, how we treat each other from our very first interaction. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, and other equity-seeking groups.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, we want to hear from you! Please let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
You can learn more about our ventures, our partners, and our teams here