Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
We are seeking a highly-skilled Technical Project Manager to drive the successful execution of complex projects at Photonic. You will be responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of technical projects across quantum, integrated photonics, hardware and software teams. You will work closely with your assigned teams to ensure project milestones are clear, met on time, and are within budget, while also ensuring that the project objectives align with the company's overall strategic goals. You are highly accountable and responsible, driving projects to completion. You enjoy the thrill of new technologies, drawing upon talents from various teams to complete a project, and are a highly detail-oriented individual. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive delivery and be a part of the company's success.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Develop and maintain project plans, timelines, and budgets for complex technical projects in the field of quantum computing
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate project status, risks, and issues to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including project plans, status reports, and project artifacts
- Drive project schedules to resolve technical issues that enable key milestones to be achieved
- Manage resource allocation effectively across multiple projects
- Implement quality control processes to ensure that products meet or exceed industry standards and customer expectations.
- Strong understanding of quantum computing, quantum communication, and related technologies
- Maintain accurate project documentation, including technical specifications, project reports, and lessons learned
- Run project meetings and team stand-ups when necessary
- Support the development of the company’s IP portfolio
- Coach, train, and support other teams' members
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant technical field (e.g., physics, electrical engineering, computer science)
- Proven experience managing complex technical projects, preferably in the field of quantum technologies
- Strong understanding of quantum computing, quantum communication, and related technologies is a plus
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to develop and execute project plans, manage resources, and mitigate risks
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in project management software and tools
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or similar certification is a plus
- A passion for quantum technologies and a desire to contribute to the advancement of the field
- Knowledge of tools like as JIRA, MS Teams, MS Office Suite, Latex, Git, Perforce
- Outstanding teamwork skills
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Get involved with a quantum startup company set to redefine computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can try new things while solving innovative challenges every day
- Inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
The description above is what we think an ideal candidate would look like for this role. At Photonic, we understand that everyone has a different work and life journey. If you feel your experience is close to what we've described, but you might not meet all the requirements, please still apply! We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences, knowing that these very differences inspire innovation and build better teams. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process, please let us know.