Project Manager, Application Development
Altus GroupToronto, ON9 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Reporting to the Senior Director of Release Management, Jason Floyd, the Project Manager, Application Development will lead agile development teams and drive on-time quality releases of our products. Collaborating with product management, development, and development operations teams that span London, Toronto, Houston, and Hyderabad, the new Project Manager will play a hands-on and strategic role in our transition to complete cloud deployment. This is a chance to shape the future of success at Altus Analytics.
Who you are
A seasoned project manager, you have experience delivering or implementing software and have successfully collaborated with teams across departments and time zones in the past. You thrive in dynamic environments and want to be a part of every stage of the software development lifecycle, from design to release. A natural leader, you want to mentor and motivate development teams.
What’s in it for you
- Impact. You want to be part of an organisation-wide transition moving products off-prem to our new cloud-based environment. You will further your reach and impact as a leader, building out and coaching a team while working collaboratively with contributors across the software development lifecycle.
- Exposure. You want to play a role in defining and setting the standards for the PropTech industry on a global scale. You want to work closely and learn from cross-functional teams across the globe. With a focus on continuous improvement, you will drive efficiency across the software development lifecycle, ultimately influencing similar transitions across the organisation.
- Career growth. You want to advance your career at a rapidly scaling company that’s focused on growth and innovative product development. Opportunities here may include overseeing multiple complex projects and products and moving up to a senior project manager role.
Here is what our new Project Manager, Application Development will do:
- Plan multiple feature releases. You will drive releases for several products simultaneously. You will:
- Oversee the end-to-end project process, including design, resource assignment, and developing and managing a work plan encompassing milestones, dependencies, deliverables, and release dates.
- Engage team, stakeholders, and cross-collaborators (Product, Architecture, Design) to obtain buy-in, confirm the scope, and set a realistic timeline while ensuring high business value.
- Contribute to the product and product suite roadmap process to understand both long term goals and proposed high level timelines.
- Drive, execute, and monitor the quality, on-time delivery of projects. You will perform a governing role to ensure that the work is carried out according to the plan, tracking deviations, monitoring changes to the scope, issuing communications, and working closely with stakeholders. You will:
- Coordinate, negotiate, and manage all activities based on the product and technical roadmaps
- Ensure the achievement of the deliverables by evaluating scope changes that are proposed, or that arise.
- Understand organisation complexity and resolve priority conflicts.
- Motivate, manage, and coach team members, analysing metrics/KPIs to identify team performance issues proactively.
- Track milestones, identifying deviations to plan and other issues to the team
- Run Change Request (CR) meetings for production deployments to ensure each team has proper scrutiny before moving into production.
- Relay effective and timely communication. You will serve as the day-to-day point of contact for senior management, providing impartial transparency into the work being done by the team, through clear and accurate communications. You will:
- Measure, monitor, and report release details, schedule details, and implementation details to all stakeholders and interested parties weekly.
- Ensure that the communication processes are useful and maintain open connections between the development team(s) and the organisation’s strategic direction.
- Be the primary point of escalation on issues for the team, escalating to management as necessary promptly.
- Identify and mitigate risks. You will track, resolve, or escalate issues related to development and release schedule.
- Continuously work to improve delivery. You will take the initiative to promote best practices to all parts of the business to ensure we deliver and release software products more efficiently. You will:
- Work with project teams and management to identify weaknesses and create solutions.
- Introduce or amend existing processes and practices.
- Build and strengthen the way we are using tools and technologies.
- Plan and conduct the post-deployment retrospective.
So, how do we know you are the next Project Manager, Application Development, you have:
- The experience. You have a solid understanding of project management principles, having worked on multiple mid-to-large size deployments and projects using an Agile framework. You have hands-on experience breaking down short and long-term projects into 2- or 3-week iterations and know how to keep projects moving forward. You are knowledgeable about cloud infrastructure and deployment and have successfully delivered software projects at scale in the past.
- A wide-angle lens. You enjoy working on big picture strategic planning but realize the importance of small details in achieving your goals. You are flexible, but process-focused and know how to balance urgency with long-term payoff. You are on a continuous search for improvements and strive to solve issues proactively.
- An analytical approach. You are metrics driven, setting, and tracking expectations and the progress of your team. You can predict if your team’s assigned tasks will be completed on time. You believe in measurable quality and efficiency.
- A breadth of leadership skills. You can inspire, support, develop, and challenge a team. You believe in listening to the ideas of your team and respecting their expertise. You can confidently push forward your agenda resulting in the high performance of your team.
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills. You are concise, on point, and impactful. You know how to listen and how to be understood. You have the insider’s track on how to work effectively with senior leaders and decision-makers with conflicting timelines.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.