Working at CBC:
At the CBC, we all have a story to tell. What’s yours?
If you share our passion for Canadian storytelling and you wish to help us engage with individuals and communities across our various digital platforms, this is where you’ll want to be!
Every day, you will have an opportunity to shape the way in which Canadians see themselves reflected in our digital services. Your work will have a direct impact on how millions of Canadians from various communities connect with our products, with one another, and with the diverse voices that make our country so unique.
You will have the opportunity to play a part in enlightening and entertaining Canadians through our innovative work in building the mediums that deliver our content. We are an innovative hub, where the talented professionals we work with are respected and valued for their contributions. Our product teams are vibrant and our work culture strives to achieve the highest standards of diversity and inclusion. We believe that hiring people with different career paths and backgrounds is fundamental in our shared success and in building healthy and highly performant teams. When you join our mission, you are not only shaping the vision of the CBC, but the future of our country.
Why is this role important?
Working in partnership with teams across the Digital Products group, we are adding a Project Manager to the team on a 13 month contract. As our new Project Manager, you will plan and oversee complex technology integration projects working alongside procurement to secure the tools and technologies we need. You will co-lead technical implementation and integration of hardware, software and pricing tools with our Product Managers and act as the bridge between vendor and internal teams, developing a broad and deep understanding of the solutions they offer. Through your expertise and influence, you will empower the teams to do their best work.
If you're passionate about Canada and you love technology, learning, and bringing out the best in others, you'll love working at CBC.
Here’s why we should work together:
Our digital teams’ values - collaboration, learning, and continuous improvement - embody who we are as a people-focused, digital-forward employer. We follow lean startup principles and use an Agile approach. Our dedicated people managers work closely with every individual to ensure we are leveraging their strengths, championing their ideas and supporting their pursuit of new skills and their desired career progression.
Here at CBC Digital Strategy & Products, we want you to be happy and feel good at work. It is essential that work be a safe space where our employees are able to share their authentic selves with one another and to push each other to challenge conventions.
Perks you can look forward to:
- Flexible work schedules, allowing you to prioritize yourself, your family and your work;
- Work from home opportunities;
- Competitive total rewards package;
- 20% of time for innovation, learning and development; wherever your interests lie;
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology;
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional development;
- Opportunities to become a member of our Employee Resource Groups;
- Pair programming and mentorship opportunities, where you can learn from the best in the industry and help coach new talent;
- A creative and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and contributions can be heard, valued and respected;
- A supportive management team committed to upholding the highest standards of diversity and inclusivity;
- An environment which favours experimentation and an iterative approach in order to achieve the highest form of technical innovation.
How you will make an impact:
- Providing expert advice on cost, timeframe, and feasibility of requirements to archive legacy tools and replace with new ones.
- Controlling and tracking project schedules and budgets; measuring progress to ensure compliance with scope and objectives.
- Collaborating with Product Managers to identify and plan projects involving the integration of new technologies and tools.
- Managing projects from end-to-end. You will:
- Facilitate scope definition, diving in for clarification on deliverables.
- Create and execute a clear internal communications and business reporting strategy.
- Develop and roll out a go-to-market strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Overseeing vendor relationships: negotiating terms, requesting and reviewing RFPs, and increasing your knowledge of their offerings.
- Championing your team, fostering a collaborative environment, removing roadblocks, and supporting their efforts.
What you could bring to our team:
- The experience. You have 5+ years of project management experience in a technology-forward company. You can plan and manage projects following a number of different methodologies (Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, Lean, OKR). You can quickly pivot to respond to changing needs, and you have the patience to ensure the right processes are followed.
- The leadership skills. You can influence and inspire a cross-functional team, driving activities to completion. You are highly attuned to scope, timelines, and budget. You bring a critical inquiry approach to project management.
- The relationship-building strengths. You foster open communication and have a clear plan for relaying information to the team and the stakeholders. You listen to and respect diverse perspectives.
- The facilitation skills. You can navigate and guide teams through an ambiguous environment, share ideas effectively and collaborate with stakeholders at different levels across the organization.
- The technical skills. You are proficient in the Google Suite, Slack, and project management tools. You can quickly learn new technologies.
- The bonus skills:
- Ideally, you have exposure to media or digital products.
- PMP certification would be an asset.
At the CBC, we recognize that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. We value diversity of thought and of experience, and we are excited to hear from you! Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning, and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet most of the qualifications and you are excited by the possibility of adding to the rich culture of the CBC, take a chance and express your interest by applying now!
If you’re interested in reading more about the various backgrounds of the talented people that make up our teams, our exciting new projects, and what we’re currently working on, check out our Digital Labs blog on Medium!
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.