Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
Delta ControlsSurrey, BC2 months ago
Title: Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
Job number: 000514
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Development
Area: Product Development , Project Manager
Are you a project manager with experience in firmware or hardware development looking to take ownership of projects from conception all the way to high volume manufacturing? Delta controls is looking for a Project Manager for our HVAC controls line of business. You will be joining a cross functional team including firmware, software, QA, hardware, and mechanical designers.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is located in our head office. Remote work may be available during COVID-19.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us!
- In-house training, education and opportunities for growth.
- Financial benefits such as RRSP matching and life insurance.
- Health and family-focused benefits such as extended health, vision and dental benefits with employer paid premiums, onsite fitness center, reimbursement for gym memberships, travel insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Our employees are recognized through Service Awards and Employee Referral bonuses.
- Our location is transit accessible and we have free on-site parking.
- Three weeks of vacation after three years of employment.
- Depending on the role, casual or business casual dress is the norm.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of project plans and strategies
- Preparation of project cost proposals
- Managing project priorities and risks
- Managing project schedules from different project teams
- Management of allocated resources for the projects
- Following standard product development processes and assistance in audits
- Overseeing all project deliverables with product development and manufacturing staff
- Initiate projects from assignment with the creation of the project teams with the help of the Director of Product Development
- Prepare all details and information regarding a project and ensure data is stored in the correct places for audits
- Liaise, along with the Product Manager, with external stakeholders and partners for planning
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding deliverables and timelines
- Track and collect project deliverables at definition and final stages
- Coordinate the flow of project information and issues to internal departments and external stakeholders as required
- Ensure important reviews are completed including functional reviews, design reviews and manufacturing reviews
- Be responsible for the transfers and release of a product
Main skills required:
- Diploma in Engineering Technology or relevant education and experience
- 4 to 6 years of experience in product development
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to be a team builder
- Able to effectively communicate to a wide spectrum of people and disciplines
Years of relevant experience required: 4 years
Education required: Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. For remote positions, you may be required to work core department hours or head office hours. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
Keywords: Project Management, Software Development, Product Development