EXACT Technology is a producer of IoT sensor equipment for the concrete industry. Our mission is to build a brighter future where concrete construction is more efficient, sustainable and safe.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Test Engineer to join our growing Software team based in the Greater Toronto Area.
Reporting to the Director of Software, the successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring the reliability, performance, and usability of EXACT’s software products. Your insights and attention to detail will play a vital part in delivering a seamless user experience to our clients.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Designing, developing, and executing comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts in Postman, Selenium and Jest to ensure the quality, performance, and reliability of our software during development
- Conducting various types of testing, including functional, regression, integration, and performance testing, to identify defects and vulnerabilities in the software
- Identifying and reporting bugs, inconsistencies, and areas for improvement, while ensuring the overall quality of our software products
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, including Software, Hardware, Customer success, and Sales, to understand project and customer requirements
- Effectively documenting and communicating software defects, issues, and risks using industry-standard tracking and reporting tools
- Investigating and reproducing reported issues, working closely with other members of the Software team to pinpoint root causes and provide clear and actionable information for resolution
- Collaborating with the Software team on design and code reviews to offer QA insights and ensure potential issues are addressed early in the development lifecycle
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of EXACT’s QA processes, methodologies, and testing tools
- Staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in software quality assurance
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and related experience is acceptable
- Strong experience using test automation tools including Postman, Selenium and Jest
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or comparable alternatives
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing methodologies, test case design, and execution, as well as familiarity with testing frameworks
- Solid understanding of version control systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to collaborate and communicate technical issues to different cross-functional teams
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
If you are an experienced QA professional who is passionate about software testing and enjoys working on developing solutions for real-world problems, we encourage you to apply.
Why work at EXACT
- We are a team of 40+ technical superstars and are welcoming to others who share our passion.
- Our culture is open, honest and inclusive.
- We’re solving serious problems and having fun doing it.
- We’re materially reducing the carbon footprint in a historically heavy carbon footprint industry.
This role can work remotely, with occasional in-person meetings at our head office in Toronto. Our office is located at Dupont and Dovercourt in a historical industrial building that is open concept with 40-ft ceilings and lots of natural light. Free parking is available on-site and our location is easily accessible via transit. We’re steps from Geary Avenue’s bakeries and breweries and close to The Junction.
Our head office, engineering and assembly is in Toronto. We also have remote offices and team members across Canada and the USA.
EXACT is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation let us know.