Quality Assurance and Compliance Coordinator
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers our team members to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Director, Customer Service Delivery & Support, this position provides quality assurance for various internal teams along with safety adherence and training coordination of all field operations personnel. This role is responsible for onsite quality assurance inspections of the work performed in residential homes, business locations, Inside and Outside Plant, technical aspects, Health & Safety, and customer interaction.
What you’ll do:
• Conduct individual quality assurance inspections on an ongoing basis
• Develop and ensure that quality assurance inspections cover a broad-spectrum of knowledge and abilities
• Provide direct and indirect coaching, training, and mentoring to all field related personnel; create training reference materials using industry standards and manage applicable training documentation or online tutorial systems
• Give technical presentations to existing and prospective customers as required
• Report results of inspected work as required and maintain an organized repository of documentation on day-to-day operations
• Perform safety checks and inspections while onsite; create and maintain proper safety documentation in coordination with current industry standards and best practices
• Maintain an ethical, positive, and professional image in all dealings with Westman Communications Group external clients and internal partners
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
• 2-year Electronic Technician course or NCTI, SCTE System and Service Technician courses or SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist Certification, with a minimum mark of 80% in each course
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience in the following: customer services, electronics and network installation & repair, residential & commercial wiring, Outside Plant construction & maintenance
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience with Health & Safety policies and procedures in a construction based setting
• Strong understanding of construction wiring practices is required; understanding of Wi-Fi networking and Data Centre Installation Practices is considered an asset
• Ability to read and understand fibre optic and broadband maps is considered an asset
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 is required; QuickBase knowledge is considered an asset
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills (including both written and oral communication)
• Proven analytical skills and excellent organization skills
• Valid certification in Basic Rescuer CPR, Emergency First Aid, and Health & Safety
• Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel
• Must be bondable, comfortable with heights, and be able to carry up to 75 lbs
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.