Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Verto HealthToronto, ON11 days ago
Imagine knowing the work you do is changing the face of the healthcare system in Canada. That’s what we do every day at Verto Health, create technology solutions that facilitate access to quality healthcare regardless of geographic location.
Who we are
Verto Health is a team of passionate health leaders, informaticians and technologists working to revolutionize healthcare. We create solutions that grow healthcare capacity while bringing patients, providers, payers and caregivers closer together in alignment with the quadruple aim. Our goal is to bring Canadian Healthtech to the global stage. Our mission is to build software that delivers improved patient outcomes and experience.
Verto Health solutions are used across North America to deliver seamless integrated care journeys. We have helped over a million Canadians manage and access healthcare services. Our Digital Twin Platform transforms the speed and cost of sharing patient data, automating care paths and communicating with patients through innovative and interactive web and mobile applications.
Our vaccine booking system is being used to book and manage over 20% of COVID-19 the vaccination across Ontario. Our system simplifies the booking process, empowers patients to choose the most convenient time for their schedule while reducing administrative load. We are continuously innovating this solution to better support Canadians and enable administration of millions of vaccinations.
As we continue along this exciting path, we are growing our team, expanding our impact, and tirelessly working to transform healthcare. We are hiring people who share our passion for improving care access, cost and quality using technology.
Who we need
Reporting to Yousaf Cheema, Chief Information Security Officer, we need a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to be hands on focusing on automation and writing and running regression testing. This is an opportunity to play a critical role ensuring exceptional quality and availability of the interoperable solutions we are developing and launching. As our customer base rapidly grows, the value of creating smart, automated testing suites increases exponentially and the QA Automation Engineer will be developing this risk management system. It's a chance to take the next step in your career at a company with incredible growth opportunities, working on our product, and testing complex client solutions.
What's in it for you
Challenges. We operate at a high velocity with more deployments than ever. This means we are excited to have someone jump in as the key person introducing QA automation and testing, collaborating across Development, DevOps, Product, and Implementation teams. You will have the chance to come up to speed on our tech stack and have a chance to independently write and automate testing and contribute to the building of scalable and effective QA processes.
Impact. You will make a tangible and timely impact on the health of Canadians. You will drive the end-to-end testing of our customized platforms; updating testing based on government mandates and changes to scheduling and eligibility.
Career development. You will be mentored by our CISO, whose professional superpower is adaptability. You will be supported in your growth, from onboarding and hands on skills development to building your communication and leadership skills. You will be part of a company that rewards and recognizes merit and creates new opportunities for advancement.
How you will make an impact
- Be hands-on. You will act as the key point of contact for QA automation and testing. You will make a dramatic impact from taking a product from release-ready in the testing stage to client-ready in a live environment. You will write and execute a number of test suites, automating consistent areas and focusing on the net new feature testing.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with Product, Development, and DevOps teams, automating and prioritizing our key product features; reverse engineering stories, testing scripts, and documentation; working towards an automated build and release pipeline; and debugging new features.
What you bring
- The education. We know not everyone gains their skills and knowledge through traditional formats. You may have a college certificate or diploma, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- The experience. You have hands-on expertise developing automation testing suites for scalable client-facing products, ideally at a startup and with exposure to a CI/CD environment. You have worked across the full SDLC in a Test-Driven Development (TDD) environment.
- The technical toolbox. You are comfortable with a range of open-source tools and have hands-on experience with Python, Ansible, Selenium, Jenkins, Ruby RSPEC and Robot Framework.
- The heroics. You have a professional superpower. It could be the ability to focus on the user experience above all else like our Director of Product, Mahmoud, or our CFO Anna's vision building strength, or our CEO Michael's ability to know precisely when you are having fun (which you should be) and when you aren't.
Our culture, our team
Our Founder and CEO firmly believes that helping transform healthcare with technology should be fun and Nerd friendly and if you share that belief, you are going to love working here. We are a team of 30+ passionate Health Informaticians and Technologists enthusiastically and tirelessly helping hospitals, clinics, and long-term care facilities deliver improved patient outcomes and patient experience. We take a team approach to everything we do, with transparency and access across the board. If you have a question, anyone here is ready to answer it. Need help? We've got you covered. Looking to explore another domain of the company or technology? We promote from within and support your growth with in-house developed education and pathways.
Our diversity is our strength and we are proud to enable a work culture that encourages people to laugh, have fun, and build relationships, while maintaining a work-life balance. At Verto, we are redefining what it means to be passionate about healthcare: We are Bold, Impactful, Transparent, Trustworthy, and Effective.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and you know you can make a difference, we encourage you to express your interest. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Verto Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.