Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Engineer is a motivated self-starter that can work autonomously and look for every opportunity to support manufacturing engineering, product engineering and supply chain management, to ensure that Delta Controls Quality standards are met in all aspects of our products, both hardware and software. This is a full time, permanent position, to start as soon as possible.
Work location: Remote work is not available for this position.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
Duties & Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance programs and procedures to assure conformance of manufactured assemblies and finished products.
- Instigate the prevention of defects in all phases of the manufacturing value stream from raw material supply to Customer’s utilization.
- Employ effective problem-solving methodologies to identify root causes and implement their corresponding corrective and preventive actions.
- Drive the execution of Quality initiatives in collaboration with other teams.
- Lead root cause investigation and resolution of Customer and Supplier Quality issues.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data from RMA, manufacturing, incoming inspection, and product audits.
- Provide monthly reports to prioritize Quality issues from RMA and manufacturing.
- Call regular meetings to review, decide and follow up on the actions for Quality issues.
- Monitor the calibration status of equipment and ensure all calibrations are happening as scheduled.
- Conduct incoming inspections and maintain the incoming inspection system.
- Manage the recurring in-process and product audit system.
- Coordinate containment activities to ensure proper segregation of nonconforming product from un-intended use.
- Facilitate and/or participate in continual improvement projects.
Required skills and abilities
- Hands-on experience identifying, investigating, documenting and helping to resolve Quality issues in electronics manufacturing environment (CAPAs).
- Strong technical skills including electronics and electro-mechanical principles.
- Experience in the application of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Controls (SPC) and implementation.
- Knowledge and comprehension of quality management systems, measuring techniques, tools and equipment within a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with inspection practices and solder knowledge.
- SMT, PCB & PCBA experience
Preferred skills and abilities
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and capability to utilize inspection equipment and determine acceptability of the measurement method through Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) is necessary.
- Able to read technical drawings and specifications.
- Display initiative and creativity in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Clear understanding of quality management and ISO certification requirements.
- Understanding of hardware and software development.
- Ability to clearly express complex ideas verbally and in writing to leadership members
- Capable of working with minimal supervision; demonstrates initiative and self-direction
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent education, training, and/or experience.
- 6+ years of hands-on Quality Engineering experience within a manufacturing environment.
Years of relevant experience required: 6 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree
Number of openings:1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits