Quality Assurance Hardware Analyst
Delta ControlsSurrey, BC15 days ago
Title: Quality Assurance Hardware Analyst
Job number: 000512
Company: Delta Controls
Department: QA Hardware
Delta Controls is hiring for a Quality Assurance (QA) Hardware Analyst position based in our Surrey, BC office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about understanding the minute details of how complex electronic systems work, and methodically pushing the system to the breaking point. This is a full-time, permanent position to start as soon as possible.
Work location: Remote work is not available for this position.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us!
- In-house training, education and opportunities for growth.
- Financial benefits such as RRSP matching and life insurance.
- Health and family-focused benefits such as extended health, vision and dental benefits with employer paid premiums, onsite fitness center, reimbursement for gym memberships, travel insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Our employees are recognized through Service Awards and Employee Referral bonuses.
- Our location is transit accessible and we have free on-site parking.
- Three weeks of vacation after three years of employment.
- Depending on the role, casual or business casual dress is the norm.
• Performs hardware validation on new products prior to their release to Manufacturing.
• Ensures all quality checklists, procedures, and requirements are adhered to for all assignments.
• Creates all associated test programs, script files, and other automated testing systems.
• Designs and builds any necessary test jigs and configures any related equipment.
• Documents all test results and findings.
• Participates on the documentation technical review team at the request of the Project Manager.
• Provides relevant feedback to members of the Project Team.
• Participates in continual improvement projects and root cause analysis investigations.
• Participates in the development of product auditing procedures.
• Takes part in product audits.
Supply Chain Support:
• Gives feedback on component quality.
• Works with suppliers to remedy identified quality issues.
• Performs component substitutions.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Practical knowledge and/or work experience in the field of electronics.
- Experience with PCB design / EDA software (Altium Designer or similar).
- Python, C/C++, or Visual Basic.
- Technical aptitude with basic hand and power tools.
- SolidWorks, Fusion360, or other solid modelling software.
- 3D printing, CNC machining, or other similar rapid prototyping technologies.
Main skills required:
- Solid understanding of electrical and electronic theory.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication.
- Proficient in the use of basic hand and power tools (cutters, screwdrivers, drills, etc.).
- Attention to detail.
Years of relevant experience required: 1 year
- Successful completion of an Electronics Engineering Technology diploma or equivalent
- Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer:
- RRSP matching.
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits.
- Sponsoring of career development and higher education.
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers.
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation will be offered for this position. Must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.