Title: Quality Assurance Specialist, Information Systems
Job number: 000582
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Information Systems (IS)
Area: Information Technology / Information Services
The IS Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the numerous Delta Controls Corporate software systems meet the needs and requirements of its end-users, enabling us to reach our goal of making Delta Controls easier to do business with than any of our competition. In order to accomplish this task, the IS QA Specialist must be proficient in test methods and procedures, and be able to extensively test and evaluate all software systems to ensure they meet design specifications, and are suitable for their intended application. This includes designing test plans and strategies with mindset of finding ways in which a software system doesn’t work, as opposed to showing that it does, and documenting all test results in logs and reports; identifying bugs and operational anomalies, recording them electronically for resolution by the IS Team, and verifying bug resolutions will satisfy the intended customers’ needs.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is eligible to remote applicants (work from home or telecommute).
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Do you enjoy working on a variety of projects? Are you inspired by finding solutions to issues that you know will make people’s lives easier? How about testing and strategizing plans for software making systems as efficient as possible? Delta Controls is looking for an Information Systems Software QA Specialist to be responsible for ensuring that the numerous Delta Controls Corporate software systems meet the needs and requirements of its end-users, enabling us to reach our goal of: Do It Right.
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all requirements have a one-on-one test case mapping.
- Improving the overall test case coverage by increasing the Test suite and Test automation.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining automated test scripts.
- Setup of continuous integration using DevOps best practices.
- Manual and automated test execution.
- Identifying areas that are manually time consuming, and automating them.
- Testing software with the understanding of what bugs are critical to the end-user.
- Creating and maintaining written test documentation.
- Creating new entries in our bug tracking database for any new bugs identified in the system.
- Verifying bug fixes are satisfactory on newly transferred builds.
- Troubleshooting complex problems in software.
- Identifying usability problems and making suggestions for improvement.
- Acting as a backup to the DevOp Engineer.
Main skills required:
Strongly preferred skills and abilities
- Requires very good time management and organizational skills.
- A strong desire to continuously improve professionally.
- The ability to work well in pressure situations and meet established deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires a good understanding of the fact Delta Controls is a customer service driven organization.
- Proficient in the current technologies in place at Delta Controls.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Formal software quality assurance and/or software development process training.
- 4 years of software testing experience required.
- Well-developed trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
Years of relevant experience required: 4 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Sign-On Bonus
- $3,000/year training allowance
- Employer paid premiums for life insurance, health and family-focused benefits such as the employee assistance program, extended health, vision and dental benefits
- Onsite fitness center
- Company paid personal days off
- RRSP match program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Annual sabbatical allowance
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.