Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
As a Quantum Algorithm Developer at Photonic, you will develop, optimize, and implement practical and inventive quantum algorithms. You will use your knowledge in quantum algorithms to develop, test, integrate, and support customer applications, create intellectual property, and publish scientific papers. You will collaborate closely with a dedicated team of engineers and scientists to deliver components of a full-stack, scalable, fault-tolerant quantum computer. You thrive on wielding your skillset in mathematics, computer science, or physics in creative new ways.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Implement and benchmark existing quantum computing algorithm for working on Photonic’s next-generation quantum computers.
- Research, develop, benchmark, and implement novel quantum algorithms
- Collaborate with other teams on the development and optimization of Photonic quantum hardware and software stacks, error mitigation, and error correction processes
- Contribute to the development of Intellectual Property
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR TEAM
- A Ph.D. degree in physics, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of fault-tolerant quantum computing algorithms
- Experience in the development and implementation of quantum algorithms
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in quantum chemistry is a plus.
- Expertise in fault-tolerance, quantum error correction, compiling methods for fault-tolerant gates, and quantum resource estimation is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in linear algebra, group theory, number theory, abstract algebra, or algebraic geometry is an asset.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Get involved with a quantum startup company set to redefine computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can try new things while solving innovative challenges every day
- Inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
The description above is what we think an ideal candidate would look like for this role. At Photonic, we understand that everyone has a different work and life journey. If you feel your experience is close to what we've described, but you might not meet all the requirements, please still apply! We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences, knowing that these very differences inspire innovation and build better teams. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process, please let us know.