React Native Engineering Lead
MasterHealthToronto/Virtual5 days ago
MasterHealth is focused on helping people achieve their health and wellness goals through a unique mobile app that enables them to learn, take action, and stick to health/lifestyle programs from bestselling health experts they trust. Our company is funded by a set of highly respected early stage investors.
Our technology leverages behaviour change science, game design, and data-driven approaches to influence people to take action on their health.
This is a unique opportunity to become a founding employee, and set yourself on a path to lead our mobile team as we grow.
You will take responsibility for leading our mobile strategy and development using React Native, and overseeing the use of Native iOS and Android mobile components as needed. In general, your responsibilities will include writing engineering design specs, coding, deployment, testing and performance monitoring.
You will work closely with our Engineering Lead to sprint plan, creatively approach fulfilling product requirements while ruthlessly optimizing quality and balancing speed to feature deployment. Having an understanding of product principles and implementing robust event-tracking and analytics packages is a must for this role.
This is our wish list. You don’t need to check every box, but the more the merrier:
- You have been part of “zero to one” startups and whatever the outcomes, you’re as passionate as ever about being an early part of a startup and hungry for success. This is table stakes.
- You have built and shipped “side projects” where you have taught yourself to be self-reliant in maintaining and growing these projects.
- You are constantly learning new things, and regularly push yourself out of your comfort zone to improve yourself and your skills.
- You are comfortable expressing your opinions strongly, but hold them weakly, listening to others and looking for evidence that can guide decision-making.
- You understand what it means to move fast, but not break things, and can make the right trade-offs between speed and agility, and long-term stability of the code base and infrastructure.
- You have worked with product managers, designers and product marketers before. You know they are all cut from different swatches of cloth and embrace working with different styles of people to rapidly iterate pre product-market-fit products to success.
- You know that there will always be too many stories to complete in any sprint and you have developed a process by which to help facilitate discussion amongst the team and ultimately make quick decisions on what stories fit into a specific sprint. Your honed product instincts help you stay focused on what actually matters and moves the needle.
- Testing is second nature to you. You’re comfortable setting up a testing framework that supports multiple clients and scenarios and believe proper QA is a crucial part of engineering excellence.
- You have a passion for improving people’s lives through technology and are looking for a career that, in addition to financial enrichment, delivers you a sense of meaning and purpose.
Other things you should know…
- If you join us, you’ll be motivated by a very competitive equity package. You’ll also have the unique opportunity to build a company from zero to one, and beyond.
- Culture fit is very important to us. We don’t just want everyone to love working with one another, but to actively tell friends and family how great it is to be part of the MasterHealth team.
- We deeply value learning. At MasterHealth, you’ll learn the playbooks and strategies that have built $100M+ consumer mobile tech companies.
- We are building products to positively impact people’s lives, and your work will make a meaningful impact on our customers’ well being.