Altus GroupVancouver, BC20 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Reporting to the Associate Director, we are currently looking for a Research Coordinator to join our Data Solutions group. This is an exciting opportunity to launch your career in Real Estate, growing into a subject matter expert as part of a collaborative team responsible for the production of our new national database. You will gain first-hand knowledge, as you contribute to the reliability and accuracy of our database, gather timely data on vacancies, availabilities, and rent rates, enter information and play an active part in the generation of reports and presentations for our real estate clients.
Who you are
You are a driven new or recent grad, passionate about real estate, research, and working with data. You are seeking the chance to join a global scaling organization with room to grow, where you will have the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience and knowledge.
What's in it for you
Career growth at a cutting edge global practice. You want to be part of a company that promotes from within. You will have the chance to move up to a Research Market Analyst and across into Professional Services as you deepen your experience. The data you are collecting and verifying is used across many of our business groups.
Collaborative culture. Our Data Solutions group collects and publishes national real estate data that is consistent, accurate, timely, credible, transparent and independent. It is used to provide and support a range of services from in-depth market surveys to independent market commentary and benchmarking. You will play a critical role in a diverse, collaborative team, sharing best practices, and thriving in a non-competitive environment. You will have an opportunity to learn directly from senior members.
Our new Research Coordinator will:
- Become the SME. Gather and disseminate information related to real estate leasing properties. Track all potential developments through municipal planning announcements and news media.
- Maintain the database. Confirm all details with respect to building information, availability, rental rate information, and other related data are entered accurately in a timely fashion.
- Conduct research and collect data. On an ongoing basis, you will use a variety of methods from email, flyers, site subscriptions, phone calls and industry networking from both internal sources and third party sources (brokers, managers, landlords, assessment authorities).
- Build relationships. Work with and across multiple internal and external teams.
- Ensure accuracy. Review the database to ensure all of the details are accurate and up-to-date; that all fields are completed. You will pursue information to complete files.
Our new Research Coordinator will have:
- Education and experience. You have a degree or diploma and an interest in Real Estate. You may have a year of work experience or completed a co-op term or internship in data entry and analysis, or in real estate, where you've gained familiarity with collecting data and disseminating information pertaining to commercial properties.
- Technical skills. You have finely tuned skills in data collection, data interpretation, and compiling information; you know where data resides in the system and how data entries and changes may impact data in other parts of the system. You are proficient with Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. You are detail-oriented, organized, highly analytical, and have the ability to use systems and databases.
- Professional communication style. You are an outstanding communicator who can channel insights, clarify ambiguities, and present complex information in a structured and accessible way. You have the confidence to make phone calls to new contacts to retrieve property and project information. You can build and foster relationships within and across teams.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what's new by following us on LinkedIn.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!